Hi Guys

I'm a total newbie at wiring so I've thought I ask.
Is there a way to connect two P-rails and one Single coil in a manner that
allows me to independently switch between P90/Rail/Humbucker(Parallel/serial).
At the moment I've got one DPDT, one Volume, one Tone and
a five-way-switch,

I don't like the Triple Shots so they aren't an option.
However I don't mind drilling another hole for the second DPDT switch.
Or switching out the regular Pots for Push/Pull ones.

What I've thought I could maybe do is to use the DPDT to select between
P-90/Rail/ Humbucker and use the Push/Pull to switch between serial and Parallel independently for each Pickup.
And use the Five-way-switch as a "normal" Position-switch.
I kinda know how to use and wire a DPDT and a Five-way-switch but I have no idea if this is even possible.

Thanks
Have you looked at the Seymour Duncan web site? They have the tripple-shot pickup switcher that sounds like you need, but if you don't want them, some mini switches will work along with push/pull pots.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 5, 2013,
Yea I've looked at the Wiring section of their Web side but didn't find what I was looking for.
All though I found this .
Now I Know how to wire two P-Rail so that I can access all four positions but I still don't know
how to wire them independently.
By now I've found multiple people that did the same mod I intend to do.
( DPDT + Push/Pull )
But no one can give my a wiring diagram.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2_prails_2v_2t_tspp

That is the closest you can get with just two switches. You can't get all four options on both pickups separately without using at least three switches, at which point you might as well go all the way and throw in a fourth for phase switching (full 'Jimmy Page wiring').

And, to be honest, you'll likely only use the series and P-90 tones by themselves and the rail tone with both pickups together. As someone who is using a set of P-Rails right now and has used them and installed them for friends in many other guitars before, I can assure you that the rail coils by themselves just sound like cheap knock-off Strat pickups and the parallel mode is damn near indistinguishable from the P-90 mode, other than a tiny drop in output and a small degree of hum-cancelling (since the coils are so mismatched, the P-Rails never fully removes hum like a standard humbucker does). So, although having lot of switches for every possible combination of coils sounds like a good idea at first, in reality you'll end up with about twenty terrible, cheap sounds that you'll never use and only about three that you will. So, don't worry about it so much.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Thanks MrFlibble

That is the closest you can get with just two switches. You can't get all four options on both pickups separately without using at least three switches

Well I thought I had 3 switches ( DPDT and the possibility for two Push/pull Pots )

at which point you might as well go all the way and throw in a fourth for phase switching (full 'Jimmy Page wiring').

That actually sounds pretty F*****g sweet

As for the usability of all the tones. I love having options and even though I can see that some of the tones are less usable ( I heard and played them in a local shop before ) I kinda, to a varying degree, liked all of them ( as dumb and childish as it sounds )

Soooo.. I'm gonna assum you do not have the right diagram ?!

Thanks any way for your input mate.