If an artist you hate made a great album, would you be willing to admit that? Lots of people take a huge dislike to people like Justin Bieber, One Direction, Rihanna, etc. but if they did, in some alternative universe, make a great piece of art, would you be willing to admit that, buy it, support it, etc.?

Just want to know the general consensus on this as a lot of people I know choose to hate these artists on their name alone. I personally like a song no matter who sings it, though a modicum of singing talent certainly helps.
1: i dont hate bands
2: id listen to any album which i'd enjoy
3: if a band/artist i hated for being bad made a good album they wouldn't be bad anymore.
4: you're a stupid
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Yes, for I do not hate any artist really I just don't like their music so I don't listen to it. If someone made a song that I like I'd listen to it.
A great album is a great album, and anybody who would deny an artist credit just because they don't like them is an asshole.
I'd like to do an album with the Beibs.

We'd write something in the vein of The Pillows and Say Anything, and it'd be a fun listen.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Mar 5, 2013,
sure, just like i can admit when a band i like has made a shitty album.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
of course i'd be willing to admit it. tough luck trying to get me to check it out though, right? because there's so much other stuff i'd rather check out first.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Don't hate the artist, hate the cause of your anger. Justin Bieber's songs are plain annoying to me, but it's the fans that make me wanna kill him. So I refrain from such activities and look forward towards kicking a belieber in the pussy. Let's bang up the ovaries, shall we ?
no
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I probably won't admit that the album is good.
The human mind is pretty fucked up and most of you guys will probably be in denial too.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by hames jetfield
I probably won't admit that the album is good.
The human mind is pretty fucked up and most of you guys will probably be in denial too.

why would we?

music isn't filled with prestige? it's a ****ing art you're supposed to enjoy.
I once dreamt that I went to a parallel universe where the Jonas Brothers were a highly respected heavy metal band.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
why would we?

music isn't filled with prestige? it's a ****ing art you're supposed to enjoy.

Ever heard of cognitive dissonance theory?
If we don't like an artist and like one of their albums, one of these might happen:
1. Change our opinions about the artist
2. Deny that the album is good (most likely)
3. Find an excuse for listening to the album while still maintaining that the artist sucks.

I'm not saying it's the right way to deal with it. I'm saying that most people behave this way.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Of course. Why wouldn't I? Why is this even a question?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I would cease to hate them if they did something I liked. I mean, that's just logical. I can't say I hate them if they put out an album that I think is good.
Quote by hames jetfield
Ever heard of cognitive dissonance theory?
If we don't like an artist and like one of their albums, one of these might happen:
1. Change our opinions about the artist
2. Deny that the album is good (most likely)
3. Find an excuse for listening to the album while still maintaining that the artist sucks.

I'm not saying it's the right way to deal with it. I'm saying that most people behave this way.

if 2 is most likely you're just dumb
Quote by beefcake122
Underoath and Cradle of Filth weren't bad in their early days.

Are you talking about Underoaths' early, early albums or They're Only Chasing Safety/ Define the Great Line days?
Quote by whywefight
Are you talking about Underoaths' early, early albums or They're Only Chasing Safety/ Define the Great Line days?

Early early, like Cries of the Past lol. I still listen to the other stuff occasionally, mostly out of nostalgia. They're Only Chasing Safety isn't awful. These days I only listen to metal so I usually hate stuff like that.
sunbather is shit