I work in a bar that only ever seems to play terrible chart music. I got sick of it so I made up a CD with some classic rock tunes and bar friendly good music. I'm allowed to play it and it went down pretty well with a fair few customers.

I'm gonna get tired of that one CD soon so I'm making another one.

Song suggestions.. go!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Electric Six - Gay Bar
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
SAINT GERMAIN. cant go wrong with this when it comes to smooth background music
I hope you're buying these songs because that's what jesus would do.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
what kind of bar is it? what kind of customers? old/young? what kind of music do you think they are into? if its an older crowd, they probably wouldnt like anything too heavy. if its younger, they would probably like something else. anyone here to help you answer that question needs to know what they are working with.....
Quote by westley23j
what kind of bar is it? what kind of customers? old/young? what kind of music do you think they are into? if its an older crowd, they probably wouldnt like anything too heavy. if its younger, they would probably like something else. anyone here to help you answer that question needs to know what they are working with.....

Totally agree
Though I'd recommend Blur (Girls and Boys), New Order (True Faith), Radiohead (Knives Out). I would love to hear them in a bar. However we need to know the type of the bar!
What is it exactly? Hope I helped a bit!
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Pretty much just find a bunch of compilation albums that consist of mainstream rock and metal from the late 60's to the mid 2000's, shuffle the order of the tracks, and burn them onto 3-4 mixtape-CD's and you're set.

Multi-disc CD player is required for this, of course.
Quote by Holy Katana

Well, I like it.

It's okay to like it, but come on, have you been to a...

I forgot who I was talking to. Trust me, it's not good bar music. Plain and simple, take my word for it.
Quote by blake1221
It's okay to like it, but come on, have you been to a...

I forgot who I was talking to. Trust me, it's not good bar music. Plain and simple, take my word for it.

Is In Circles good bar music?

It was meant as a joke, anyway. I actually compiled a list of very inappropriate songs, but I decided against posting it because pretty much everyone else was posting single songs and/or bands.
Quote by Holy Katana
Is In Circles good bar music?

It was meant as a joke, anyway. I actually compiled a list of very inappropriate songs, but I decided against posting it because pretty much everyone else was posting single songs and/or bands.

Actually, yeah. Solid groove, and people dig the sound.

La Dispute is moody, inaccessible for a lot of people and kinda annoying. His voice. Bleh.

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't recommend mewithoutYou as bar music either.
Quote by Mister.Y
Electric Six - Gay Bar

I would actually be stoked if this played in a bar. If I was drunk I'd definitely sing along.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by jetfuel495
make her a mix cd of real screamo she'll fall in love with you

/tumblr
I usually like to hear stuff like Nazareth or .38 Special at a bar. That 70's/80's Blues Rock that you kinda remember from the radio a while back.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Tom Waits? maybe some of the earlier stuff?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Papa Roach all night every night.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Mar 5, 2013,
Adventure Time Soundtrack
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.