I know muting unwanted string noise is a big factor in becoming a better player. Would using fretwraps while learning lead to building bad habits? Or might it be a good idea as an intermediate player?
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Bad idea that leads to bad habits
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its really nice if your a studio musician who wants unwanted string noise. Thats why I have them I really only "Use" them if im trying to learn some new lead lick and i want to hear how it sounds cleaner to see if its worth working on.

I love mine i think there great. Really helpfull tools. And i seagulls point about bad habits. But there main use is for studio use or if your really big into playing with both hands so you wont have any unwanted string noise.
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
While learning... no, definitely not.

Just playing... yeah, sure.

The thing about most of the people you see using them is that most of them don't really need them. Having seen guys like Guthrie Govan, Andy James and Fred Brum live... those guys have no need of them, they just like the fail-safe.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks!
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
While learning... no, definitely not.

Just playing... yeah, sure.

The thing about most of the people you see using them is that most of them don't really need them. Having seen guys like Guthrie Govan, Andy James and Fred Brum live... those guys have no need of them, they just like the fail-safe.

Yeah thats how i discoverd them was watching Guthrie and Ola. And I said to myself I dont know what they are but I kind of need to have them! And there actually a neat tool to have. But yes I would deff call it a fail safe. Not for learners as mentioned!
The Rig of Joy:
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Epiphone Prophecy
Quote by bburritt1
Not for learners as mentioned!

Wait...technically, that would mean no one would ever use them, right??
Guitars

Amps
Quote by Deadpool_25
Wait...technically, that would mean no one would ever use them, right??

Yeah you got be awesome to even think about buying them and you got to send a video to show them that you are in fact awesome.
The Rig of Joy:
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Epiphone Prophecy
Last edited by bburritt1 at Mar 5, 2013,
Quote by bburritt1
Yeah you got be awesome to even think about buying them and you got to send a video to show them that you are in fact awesome.

Guitars

Amps