My right hand has two inaccuracy problems: First one is that my hand sometimes skips a string while performing vertical motion (going from 6 to 5 to 4 to 3...). Second one is that my right hand sometimes "Gets stuck" on a string while doing vertical motion (going from 6 to 5 to 4 and then it just does another 4 even though it needs to continue to 3).

I dont know what to do. I practice VERY slowly with a metronome. Ive done every exercise which i can think of and done it for quite a while for this stupid beginner problem to persist. Most annoying thing is that i can flawlessly pick some notes for some time, and then POP the problems just show up.
Practice more, focus more on getting it 100% right 100% of the time slowly. Don't play at speeds where this happens.

No, seriously, that's it. If you can't play something at X speed it just means your technique isn't ready for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Practice more, focus more on getting it 100% right 100% of the time slowly. Don't play at speeds where this happens.

No, seriously, that's it. If you can't play something at X speed it just means your technique isn't ready for it.

This. There is no magic cure. Just time and practise. That's it. I had the same issue. Still do sometimes. Then I slow it down and get it right.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Yep thats the ticket there boss. Just patience and lots of practice. Also watch your hand as your playing and actually see what your doing. That way you can see where you need to work on.
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
Side idea, keep the pick a bit aligned rather than parallel to the strings. Other than that, practice SLOWER.
Zaphod has it.

I might also suggest you make sure you actually are picking with strict alternate picking. Many of my students run into problems because they "break" alternate picking at some point and then the they'll fluff the next set of notes.
Issues with string crossing while alternate picking usually stem from having a problem with either inside picking or outside picking - more commonly inside picking. An example of inside picking while descending would be picking the high E string with a down stroke followed by the B string with an upstroke, whereas outside picking would be picking the high E string with an up stroke then the B string with a down stroke.

One thing that helped me a lot was to write myself some exercises that focused specifically on either outside picking or inside picking. For me, inside picking was a bigger problem (though any exercises designed to work out inside picking can be modified to work out outside picking simply by starting with an upstroke instead of a downstroke.)

A simple pentatonic exercise for working out inside picking is:

E ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------5---5--8--5--8---
B ---------------------------------------------------------------5-----5--8--5--8----8--------------
G ----------------------------------------------5----5--7--5--7----7--------------------------------
D -----------------------------5----5--7--5--7----7-------------------------------------------------
A -------------5----5--7--5--7---7------------------------------------------------------------------
E --5--8--5--8---8----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and descending

E -5--8--5-----5----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B ----------8-----8--5--8--5-----5----------------------------------------------------------------
G -----------------------------7----7--5--7--5------5---------------------------------------------
D -----------------------------------------------7------7--5--7--5-----5--------------------------
A ------------------------------------------------------------------7-----7--5--7--5-----5--------
E ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8----8--5---

Start both of these with a downstroke and it'll work your inside picking. Start them with an upstroke and it'll work your outside picking. I specifically made it so that you spend a little time on each string as realistically that's what you'll often be doing when you change string.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
As previous poster has said, you must work slowly to correct any technique issues. Go too fast and the 'autopilot' takes over along with all the bad habits. It can be a frustrating process, changing you technique, but the pay off will be well worth it.