I have been self taught Via Youtube for right at 1 year on a yamaha 700 acoustic. I am using a .73mm Dunlop pick an it feels really good an off an on for months ive been tryin to get use to the 1 mm Dunlop and i just get "hungup" on strings an rarely is it smooth an feel natural..I would prefer to stay with the .73 but advice im constantly getting is i need to get use tot he 1mm...I dont knwo what im doing wrong .If i strum lightly or the same as i do with the .73 within a few strums it starts feeling awkward and im getting caught on one of the "E" strings. Help !!!!...i need advice/opinions..Thanks
Last edited by Kapkrusdader at Mar 5, 2013,
whos telling you that you NEED to use a thicker pick thats completely for you to decide

if you dont like thicker picks dont use them but you shouldnt be completely shite with 1mm pick
maybe its just the type of pick your using a thiker pick doesnt alway mean a harder or softer pick

my advice is you try out as many picks as you can get your hands on(nylon,acrylic,nitro,plastic metal and their verious sizes and thicknesses) so you can see which you like and dont like
Quote by supersac
whos telling you that you NEED to use a thicker pick thats completely for you to decide

if you dont like thicker picks dont use them but you shouldnt be completely shite with 1mm pick
maybe its just the type of pick your using a thiker pick doesnt alway mean a harder or softer pick

my advice is you try out as many picks as you can get your hands on(nylon,acrylic,nitro,plastic metal and their verious sizes and thicknesses) so you can see which you like and dont like

Yeah im with dancing banana man on this one. There is no rule for picks. Its all comfort there boss. I've used .88mm since i started and recently due to issues to my left hand ive gone to lighter strings and i felt that the .88mm wasnt right so i switched to 1mm and it felt right.

Dont believe what all those people say which string is better or what pic is better etc. Just go with what you like.

The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
Couple People told me the thinner Picks you can hear them flap,and i should try to get use to a 1mm,although the very thin one i can hear it flap,the .73 i cant hear anything wrong with it...Guess i will continue to use my .73 and play with the 1mm an see if i ever get use to it.Although i dont think i will..Im 46 years old an just started playing for a at home hobby as i grow older...Not worried about playing for anyone other than myself.
Just use the pick that feels right, they make millions of different picks for a reason. I actually like thinner picks for acoustic because you can strum easier.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.