http://www.fu-tone.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=215

I'm about to order this little FR upgrade, but being the frugal person I am (explains the Line 6) I wanted to see if I could save myself a few bucks before I decide on purchasing it.

Don't those little parts (picture in link) look like some small pieces I could pick up at hardware store for much cheaper? Or is this custom made? I assue it is custom made, but I just wanted to be sure. Let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Gear sig... 'cause you know, originality:

Jackson JS32R Dinky (w/EMG 81 and brass parts)
Ovation Applause AE128
Line 6 Spider IV 30 (Cleans are awesome!)
Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby Wah
lol $25 for that! I paid $30 for a tremsetter, shit, but more parts than that, although about $2 worth I guess. I'd say don't bother to block it unless you really need to change tunings

also $440 for a titanium sustain block, well the "recommended" price, what a joke
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 5, 2013,
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit skeptical about this. It seems kinda strange, but I know what I want, and I DO want a trem stopper.

Ovation Applause AE128
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm eyeballing that trem stopper pretty hard. After all, it's made of high quality brass, no just cheap 'ol steel, for extra warmth and sustain...
Quote by 4FunandProphet
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm eyeballing that trem stopper pretty hard. After all, it's made of high quality brass, no just cheap 'ol steel, for extra warmth and sustain...

I think I'll just go ahead and get it, I think it's worth it. They have another one too, but it's only $5 extra for brass. ^^

Ovation Applause AE128
Are you wanting to convert it from a trem to a hardtail? Just stick a block of wood (or legos, cards, whatever really) in between the block and the body of the guitar. Viola.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by PatrickRBallard
I think I'll just go ahead and get it, I think it's worth it. They have another one too, but it's only $5 extra for brass. ^^

Whatever floats your boat . Them trem stopper is actually a decent product, and I bought one from them when they were floydupgrades. I just feel like I should be wearing a rad suit so the marketing hype doesn't jump out of the screen and fry my self control.
Quote by Flux'D
Are you wanting to convert it from a trem to a hardtail? Just stick a block of wood (or legos, cards, whatever really) in between the block and the body of the guitar. Viola.

What I'm trying to do is make my trem dive-only so I won't need to hassle with spring tension.

Ovation Applause AE128
Quote by PatrickRBallard
That's freakin' genius!

I've never done it

Another user on this site did though, worked fairly well for him.

I'd try that before spending $40 on a "legit' one
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by Charvel1995
I've never done it

Another user on this site did though, worked fairly well for him.

I'd try that before spending $40 on a "legit' one

I'm definitely trying it. I'll be sure to post how it goes when I'm finished.

Ovation Applause AE128