I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Shitty computer mic, ACTIVATE!

But seriously, this sounds like fun

Give my SG a workout
I'd be lying if I said playing over such a slow tempo wasn't kind for difficult for me.

This will be good for me.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Once I decide to get out of bed I think I'll do the same too.

Gonna have to find a lead tone I like.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by one vision
How are you posting from bed???

Like 95% of the time I'm posting on my phone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I love that track, both the slow tempo and the 6/8 are really challenging and I like it, I may have to make use of the "any guitars are welcome" clause and join in. Love the idea!
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
It's fine. Nothing you need to worry about fixing IMHO.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Any serious musician should love moving out of their comfort zone

honestly the whole track seemed a little quiet but that's just because I didn't have my volume turned up
Ibanez WD7 Wah
I think I'll join. I managed to record my solo today. First I found it pretty hard (it was so slow) but then I got some inspiration from somewhere and I think my solo turned out to be pretty good (IMO of course). I don't have an SG but our band's guitarist has and he didn't want to join so I did this for him.

So what do you mean by "add the thread to your friend list"?

Oh, and when I send you the email, do you want me to tell you my name (or are you also going to guess who did which solo)?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
I think I'll join. I managed to record my solo today. First I found it pretty hard (it was so slow) but then I got some inspiration from somewhere and I think my solo turned out to be pretty good (IMO of course). I don't have an SG but our band's guitarist has and he didn't want to join so I did this for him.

So what do you mean by "add the thread to your friend list"?

Oh, and when I send you the email, do you want me to tell you my name (or are you also going to guess who did which solo)?

Yeah, definetly, any guitar is fine.

The friends list thing was a joke, I meant subscribe to the thread :p

And yes please tell me your name, I'll be exempt from the guessing.

I'm giving this a shot. With a Yamaha SG2000.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by one vision
Thanks, MaggaraMarine.

I just got your email.

We have our first solo!

Sounds dope!

Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Delboyuk_01
I might give this a go, especially as it's an SG jam, be rude not to LOL

I just looked at your gear in your sig... those are like, all my dream guitars. I am jealous.
banned
Dude I suck. I just couldn't play anything that sounded good. 6/8 at 36bpm is pretty crazy. I'm just not feeling it. If I could offer some critique, there are a couple of changes where the level seems to drop and it's not helping me feel the groove. -It's not an excuse though, the inability to get some decent sounds over this is my failing, other's have been able to do it fine, so I'll give it another go.
Si
The tempo and beat are pretty challenging, a tip that has been helping me: get a metronome and set it to 3/4 and 72bpm (same beat, but bar is broken into two) and just count 1 and 2 on the first beats so you know when the real bar start is.

Use the natural 2-part feel of the 6/8 to help you get the groove and start working with an extended waltz rhythm with a 'rise' on beat 1 and a 'fall' on beat 4, and take it from there. Then start using the music.

If that makes any sense at all.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by 20Tigers
Dude I suck. I just couldn't play anything that sounded good. 6/8 at 36bpm is pretty crazy. I'm just not feeling it. If I could offer some critique, there are a couple of changes where the level seems to drop and it's not helping me feel the groove. -It's not an excuse though, the inability to get some decent sounds over this is my failing, other's have been able to do it fine, so I'll give it another go.

Yes I know what you're talking about, but it's too late for me to change it now since so many people already contributed. Next time. But definetly give it another try, it just takes a few times to get into it, even for me.

Quote by GABarrie
The tempo and beat are pretty challenging, a tip that has been helping me: get a metronome and set it to 3/4 and 72bpm (same beat, but bar is broken into two) and just count 1 and 2 on the first beats so you know when the real bar start is.

Use the natural 2-part feel of the 6/8 to help you get the groove and start working with an extended waltz rhythm with a 'rise' on beat 1 and a 'fall' on beat 4, and take it from there. Then start using the music.

If that makes any sense at all.

Yeah, I see how this would help.

Quote by 20Tigers
If I could offer some critique, there are a couple of changes where the level seems to drop and it's not helping me feel the groove.

You could run a volume envelope on your DAW to even that out.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
I had another play last night and did better but still not much and only have limited time due to othe projects I'm working on. I've only just picked up the two tips mentioned above (doubling the tempo and halving the time signature - and the volume envelope suggestion).

I'll go again with these.

I think another factor that's holding me back is the recent lack of playing with others. (only one way to fix that).
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
I had another play last night and did better but still not much and only have limited time due to othe projects I'm working on. I've only just picked up the two tips mentioned above (doubling the tempo and halving the time signature - and the volume envelope suggestion).

I'll go again with these.

I think another factor that's holding me back is the recent lack of playing with others. (only one way to fix that).

Sorry, I didn't realize it would be such an inconvenience dude. I honestly did the tempo as a joke, because someone said I was being to predictable with the other two jams in terms of style and whatnot.

I promise the next one will be normal. Give this one a try, I'm sure you'll do great. But if you don't want to, just wait for the next one.

EDIT: Also, I like your sig. Kudos to you for spreading the word about the modes.
Last edited by one vision at Mar 21, 2013,
I really need to haul ass with this, I already missed CATPM.

I'm setting aside Jamn exclusive time this Sunday, it shall be done.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
Like, everybody missed CATPM this month.

I'm actually going to record something today hopefully
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Is there a specific format you want things sent in? wav, or is mp3 fine? Only ask cause of hotmail's 25MB limit, I'd have to send a separate email for w/ & w/o backing track, not sure if you wanted us to do that or not.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X