I have noticed after reading tons of threads that everyone has some bias against Ibanez acoustic guitars. I own 2, and I like them. They aren't as good as Martin's and Taylors, but nobody said they were. I own 2 Artwoods: AC2040opn and AW300ECE-DVS. The AC2040 is an all solid wood Mahogany grand concert guitar. I am not saying my guitars are awesome, but I think they are great guitars for the price.

Please educate me on why Ibanez Acoustic Guitars aren't as good as their peers that are around the same price range. Don't hold back on your comments.
alot of the hate goes towards the exotic wood line of Ibanez Acoustics which use fake wood...but sense they are using solid parts on their acoustics currently I dont see any reason to completely hate the company. Their acoustic/electrics with laminate tops were horrible sounding acoustics! massive feedback, tiny tone, and harsh sounding, but that is an opinion limited to just those specific acoustics and not the company as a whole.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
alot of the hate goes towards the exotic wood line of Ibanez Acoustics which use fake wood...but sense they are using solid parts on their acoustics currently I dont see any reason to completely hate the company. Their acoustic/electrics with laminate tops were horrible sounding acoustics! massive feedback, tiny tone, and harsh sounding, but that is an opinion limited to just those specific acoustics and not the company as a whole.
Other makers have "fake wood", "exotic wood" guitars. They're not "fake wood", but they are all, all laminate. In fact, Dean's "Exotica" series gets ripped more than Ibanez. Takamine makes a couple of hardwood laminates also.

In any event, could you clarify your term, "tiny", which means "small"? Did you mean "tinny", which would be shrill or metallic?

I have an all laminate Ibanez AEL10BK (Left hand). It has a jumbo body. It's not anywhere near "tinny" (or "tiny"). In fact, it seems to like brass strings to brighten it up a bit.

It has a feedback control notch filter in the preamp.

While the guitar's sound most likely doesn't rate the superlatives you hear flying around this forum constantly, it is pleasant to play and listen to.

Ibanez preamps, like so many others, have a ton of available boost in their 3 band EQs. So, I suppose if you peg the treble, then yeah, you'd get "tinny".
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 6, 2013,
I had an Ibanez acoustic from the Artwood series. AW20nt model I believe. I really regret selling it. It was more an economy model but had solid top and sounded great. I felt like I really lucked out with that guitar. Kick myself for selling.
You know in all the years I have been around guitars "Ibanez" have had a crap name, well in my country anyway(NZ). In the pre China era they where the budget mans Yamaha. I am a Japanese guitar fan and have owned many jap gats. I have played alot of different Ibanez but never owned one. I never seemed to get what I wanted sound wise. Cheers
Not an acoustic problem but I've had problems with my Ibanez RG1570z from day one. I ordered it as new through a local guitar store. After a while the wood settled and the neck had kink making the first fret lower than the rest. 2 other techs and a luthier all agreed with my diagnosis of the problem. I sent it back to Ibanez as I wasn't happy and their answer was that it was "within tolerance levels" so refused to replace it.

I for one would never buy a guitar without playing it first ever again. As for it being a "Prestige" guitar, well I don't think so if that is their quality control.

I even tried to purchase a new neck through the Ibanez UK distributor but as of yet no one has ever bothered to reply to my emails.

I think you get my opinion!