I have just installed SIMCITY 4 Deluxe on my computer and am using Daemon Tools to mount the IMG.

The thing is the only time I can play the game is immediately after installation. After mounting disk 1 it will install its contents then ask for disk 2. I mount disk 2, it will finish installation and automatically run the game, which appears to be working fine. If I quit out of the game and then go to launch disk 2 which is mounted (this is the play disk), nothing will happen. I will click the autorun pop-up and absolutely nothing loads.

Am I doing something wrong, or is anyone able to give some advice?

Thanks.
Try getting a PC download. Amazon has one here.

Yes, you'll have to pay for it. However, it really sounds like you have a computer that is running into some compatibility issues running those CDs.
Quote by whywefight
Is your house plugged into the energy plant?

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Try getting a PC download. Amazon has one here.

Yes, you'll have to pay for it. However, it really sounds like you have a computer that is running into some compatibility issues running those CDs.

I'm not using CD's
Try returning it to the store you legally purchased it from for another copy.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Try returning it to the store you legally purchased it from for another copy.

Problem solved! I actually called the store who walked me through the installation process, apparently you still have to open via the shortcut from the programs folder!
Last edited by HeadlessCross at Mar 6, 2013,
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You know that after you finally get this to work you'll be stuck in a queue, right?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by HeadlessCross
I'm not using CD's
You said "disk1" and "disk2", which implies either CDs or DVDs. Either way...
Quote by rockingamer2
You know that after you finally get this to work you'll be stuck in a queue, right?

He's playing SimCity 4, not the new SimCity.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....