https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9n6n8qfus

I am working on the song Starhammer by the band Motorpsycho. There is this great lick (it's in a few places in the song but most pronounced in this video at 9:32) and to my ear I hear some kind of effect, like an octaver or maybe some kind of interval on a Whammy pedal or something like that, but I just can't determine exactly what it is. You can see in the video that the guitarist doesn't kick any pedals, which makes me think maybe he's just playing an octave with some reverb or other light modulation or something.

Anybody that can help me determine what is going on in this riff gets 25 cool points. Normally I only give 10, so that's a pretty big deal.
I kicked on some chorus with a little reverb. Figured out the melody played just using octaves... The notes seem to wobble slightly up and down in pitch and my chorus recreated that pretty well. Outside of simple octaves I don't think much else is going on.... But what do I know?
I must be kinda bored really.
Quote by chiliwillifreak
I kicked on some chorus with a little reverb. Figured out the melody played just using octaves... The notes seem to wobble slightly up and down in pitch and my chorus recreated that pretty well. Outside of simple octaves I don't think much else is going on.... But what do I know?
I must be kinda bored really.

I'd kick in a phaser as well. Or a wah too.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.