I have tried the blackstar, and the 6505+ 1 12' and I just have not been happy....maybe its because I play at low levels, or maybe because I have no pedals....well the 2 week old 6505 just crapped out on me so im shopping again and I hsve seen that the vox valvetronix amps an attuator....but can it play the metal that I so desire? I like playing stuff like carcass, killswitch engaged and sometimes clutch...can I get some opinions? Also would getting the combo with a 10' provide me enough bass or do I need the one with the 12' in it?
No
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Still no...

Peavey Vypyr.

Jobs a badger
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Vyper Tube 60
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, I love my Valvetronix+ and it can do Metallica and Megadeth, but the really high gain modern stuff, I don't think it's the best options for that. The attuinator works great, and doesn't choke out the amp like some I have seen do.

Go for a Vypyr. They are great and would suit your needs. Plus they have a 6505 setting that some reviewers have said is more flexible than the amp itself. I've never seen or played a 6505 so I can't say if that is the case.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion