Ok, so my setup is unnecessarily complex at the moment but I'll try to explain it.
I've got a surround sound set up, speakers all around my room hooked up to the stereo/phones of my Midi controller (Audogram 6, Yamaha)
That's hooked up to my computer and it runs perfectly.

What I normally have is a Behringer B2 pro condenser hooked up to one input on the midi, while my guitar is into a rc-3 loop pedal, into the 2nd input of the midi.

This has been how it's worked for a while - but lately I've been playing around with a lot of looping stuff and wanted to try vocal loops as well - so I went out and bought a mic cannon to cable jack (idk what they're actually called. Guitar lead one end, mic lead the other) and a compact phantom power for my microphone, since I'd normally use the inbuilt PP on the Midi controller.

When I hooked it all up - Mic to Phantom power - Phantom power to input on the loop - Output on the loop to the midi - midi to the computer/surround sound

I get a whole lot of nothing. No signal comes from the mic at all. I've tested it, the phantom power works, but nothing happens when I run it through the loop

So, my questions are as follows:
How was your day?
Got any clue what is going on with my situation?
Did I waste money on the cable?
What are the connections actually called, so I don't sound like an idiot next time?
Ever tried vocal looping?

Discuss?
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
You can't use a 1/4" jack with phantom power. You need the 3 pin XLR connection at both ends.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
You can't use a 1/4" jack with phantom power. You need the 3 pin XLR connection at both ends.

Ok, so now I know the connections :P
Apparently I didn't explain right

I've got my mic hooked up with an XLR cable to the phantom power
I've got the 'Mic-thru' XLR Male to the XLR female which goes into my Loop pedal input with a 1/4" jack (That's the cable I bought, XLR to 1/4" )
Then it's just connected up output to midi
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
So midi is the only connection to the computer? That's your problem then. Midi doesn't send audio signals, it sends data.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
He's calling XLR MIDI. The Audogram 6 has no MIDI connectors. It should work. Try running the lead from the compact power straight to the Yamaha to test for sound.
I've run the cable from the phantom power to the yamaha, it works, i just cant get any signal when I run the mic through the loop pedal.

It'd probably be cheaper to just get an SM57 or some other dynamic mic than find a workaround :/ Thanks for the help though guys