If you're by yourself and playing guitar (not in a band type thing), how loud do you play?
Quite loud.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Sometimes soft, sometimes loud. Usually acoustic
this one time I turned my half stack to max volume then played from another room.
You would probably have to raise your voice a little bit if you wanted to have a conversation while I was playing but it isn't loud.
Pretty loud, much louder than most I have heard.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not that loud... My bass amp's lows are sick, I would kill myself with dat bass! And also I hate hum, which increases with volume.
soft bluesy music, at relatively high volume.

not cranked to 11, but more like 6-7 (50 watt amp)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I'm under headphones. So... as loud as I want!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I have my amp all the way up at all times.

My pedal controlling my volume, however, is normally very low.
ayy lmao
Mostly, I practice loud enough that I won't get hearing damage, but just under that. I sit right in front of my amp so it's probably not as loud as it seems though.

But occasionally, I see what my amp is really made of... There is nobody around to bother (except my wife).
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
When I was younger I used to crank my amps up really loud.

Now I just use headphones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I cannot play loudly.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I played pretty loudly for the first 4 or 5 years that I played, but I noticed i started to lose hearing in my left ear (because for some reason I always sit with my amp to my left). Ever since, I practice relatively quietly and i'm looking into a decent pair of earplugs for band practice; Dont' wanna end up like Paul Gilbert or any of those guys that can't hear their tone anymore.
Loud enough to sing along with, without needing a mic. Occasionally a bit higher if i wanna rock out on a saturday lunchtime. A lot quieter than that at night, dont want to wake anyone
Not very loud. Every now and then I'll crank it up a bit when I am home alone.

As a general rule, if I am practicing something I'll play low because a) I don't want anyone to hear me screw up and 2) I don't want to hear myself screw up at a high volume :
I usually play loud enough to drown out any other noise. My sister usually has her music on at a volume which I can hear through the walls, so I turn my amp loud enough that I can't hear her music. You might hear the sound downstairs in the kitchen (my room is above it) but only faintly. Never had any bother with that. I asked my neighbours once if it was too loud but they said it was fine.

Louder can often be more fun though.The days where everybody is out and I know my neighbours aren't in, I savour. Get the amps volume turned about half-way, stand outside my bedroom so my ears aren't destroyed. Beautiful.
I never get my amps past 4 at even shows. Fender Tube power, baby.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Moderate...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Mar 6, 2013,
Depends on if I'm home alone or not. If I am, I tend to crank it up.
Usually, I practice my electrics though headphones. If I'm actually using my amp- a Fender HRD- I seldom get above 4.

Any louder scares my doggies.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Usually, I practice my electrics though headphones. If I'm actually using my amp- a Fender HRD- I seldom get above 4.

Any louder scares my doggies.

One of my amps is an HRD.

Quote by JustRooster
I never get my amps past 4 at even shows. Fender Tube power, baby.

Told you guys, haha.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I never get my amps past 4 at even shows because I'm a pussy, just like the Lawyer's dogs...

FTFY...
Charles Darwin
Ok kids, story time...

I and 4 friends get together almost every Wednesday at my house evening to jam, work on new material and drink a few beers. I have a room dedicated to music that's on the 2nd floor, and it's got 2 fairly large windows facing the street. (I'm on a corner lot).

Some time ago when we had finished playing and everyone had left I came down and my wife casually mentioned "Hey, you guys were a little louder than normal tonight, I could hear you really clearly." which I thought was odd, because she generally doesn't say anything and because of the house acoustics which make it nearly inaudible in the living room where she was, even at pretty high volumes.

So I asked "Down Here?" and she replied "No, I was outside."

I said "That makes sense, with the two large windows in the room."

To which she replied "I WAS MOWING THE LAWN!"

Gas mower, etc...

So yeah, sometimes we get a little loud!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
FTFY...

Where is the smiley for sticking one's tongue out and making a raspberry noise in mock anger?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
fortunate that my parents dont mind me playing loud. i dont crank it to max because on a 50w amp that would be absurdly loud, but i like it enough to get into the tubes' sweet spot. usually have master volume at 2-3 oclock and channel volume around 9-11 oclock, and that's loud as ****
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬