Hi all, looking to buy a new guitar, and have narrowed it down to a used Charvel here, or a new Ibanez S series.

I'm looking for something versatile, I have a metal heart, but I want the guitar to be able to do more (especially clean sounds). I'm going to buy a Dimarzio Crunch lab for the bridge, but have no idea what I'd do for mid/nec k on either (I don't like the LiquiFire).

What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Mmmmm... 90s Charvels <3

It'll probably be your best bet in terms of versatility.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Quote by jeleopard
Mmmmm... 90s Charvels <3

+1
Quote by jeleopard
Mmmmm... 90s Charvels <3

I dunno man, with a crunch lab installed and if it's an S-series with single coils there's not gonna be much that the Ibanez cant do exceedingly well...they're kinda known for being versatility monsters. Obviously they don't have the cool factor of a Charvel, but id venture that an Ibanez S with a crunch lab and single coils would be even more versatile than the Charvel.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
That Charvel is HSS too....

If its got an OFR which I think it does.... Go for that.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The S series is HSH, Charvel is HSS.

What kind of single coils should I pick up, if possible I'd like to do a Strat kind of sound and a warm jazzy sound, the jazz sound is more important than the strat sound, I'd just like a little twang sound to use in clean.