Is this bosses old hf2 flanger verstaile enough for some lead solo flanger? I mean with distortion. I use a laney tube with a boss metalzone.
My key tone is kirk hametts soloing/lead tone
I know Hammett used the eddie van halen signature flanger on my apocalypse solo. Is that in your budget?

New/Used?
Budget?
Location?

You'd probably be better off using a tube screamer than the metalzone with that laney to get a kirk hammet sound.
Quote by AndyGray
I know Hammett used the eddie van halen signature flanger on my apocalypse solo. Is that in your budget?

New/Used?
Budget?
Location?

You'd probably be better off using a tube screamer than the metalzone with that laney to get a kirk hammet sound.

I am getting a used hf2 for 40 US of 2000 indians.
Emm i require a high gain distortion one, coz laney is a medium gain non metal amp.
Any small expeiance, even the smallest with new boss flanger can be shared here..
I had one for quite a few years. It seemed very versatile to me, though I haven't exactly tried a lot of different flangers. I was able to get all sorts of cool sounds out of it. One that I liked with distortion was very metallic-sounding; literally like a sawmill buzzsaw with that metallic "ringing" and all. Not for the faint of heart, though. As for how it will effect your lead sounds though, I'm not sure I can help you there.

It's a great pedal, but I stepped away from having so many "effects" quite awhile ago. I now focus on TONE with only very subtle effects added here and there. Flangers are not typically known for their subtlety...
Quote by KailM
I had one for quite a few years. It seemed very versatile to me, though I haven't exactly tried a lot of different flangers. I was able to get all sorts of cool sounds out of it. One that I liked with distortion was very metallic-sounding; literally like a sawmill buzzsaw with that metallic "ringing" and all. Not for the faint of heart, though. As for how it will effect your lead sounds though, I'm not sure I can help you there.

It's a great pedal, but I stepped away from having so many "effects" quite awhile ago. I now focus on TONE with only very subtle effects added here and there. Flangers are not typically known for their subtlety...

Hey mate! Thanks. Helped me decide.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
it is literally the best-sounding and most versatile flanger i have ever played. and the cheapest. get it.

Oh yes. Thanks!
And nice quote!
Hey another thing, ive got to know two used options, hf2 and bf2 both same price of 40US. What do you suggest?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
it is literally the best-sounding and most versatile flanger i have ever played. and the cheapest. get it.

Hey another thing, ive got to know two used options, hf2 and bf2 both same price of 40US. What do you suggest?
Quote by KailM