Just curious, but are their any actually certified music teachers or students who will be endorsed in Music Education who participate in this section of the forum?
I don't know what "Certified Student" means but I'm currently studying Advanced Higher Music and going on to HNC in college.
Certified meaning you can go to a school and teach music. You have the state certificate to teach or whatever equivalent there is in other countries
Quote by Himynameisben95
I'm currently studying Advanced Higher Music and going on to HNC in college.

I did both of these things.
Quote by evolucian
Boss!!!

Not to imply that I did well at either, of course.
I'm currently studying a dual in business and The creative industries with a major in music.
I was doing a education course at uni. Wanted to be a music teacher.
After my first placement I decided it wasn't right for me, to much bullshit involved and I hate kids.
what you mean for too much bullshit? You mean boring subjects? I was thinking to go for an education course, but not too sure.
There's a lot of bureaucracy in education, at least in the US. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to wade through it.
Ed majors have to do a lot of shit too. All those ped classes. And theres a new wave of practice going throughout the US, and in my opinion it's turning it away from the musical aspect of it. Recently in some music programs they've switched to a new way of study that includes the addition of a new class called Musicianship. They took away individual theory and AS classes and mixed it together with Piano 1 and thats it. And its filled with a bunch of like...expressive inner soul shit and I've heard of assignments that involve taking colored pencils and "drawing" what you hear. It's a complete waste of time and apparently thats what a lot of Music Ed programs are starting to shape towards. They just assume everyone is going to teach elementary school, or younger.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well