Hello everyone! I have a Jackson Kelly KE3 PRO that I am modifying and I need some help with the bridge.

Ideally, I would like a black Floyd Rose JT580 LP, but they are pretty difficult to find.

I would like to know if I could install a newer floyd rose tremelo into my guitar. Thanks everyone!
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm#jt580lp

some good info there about trem swaps and what fits etc. (I haven't tried the swaps myself, so I can't corroborate whether that info is correct or not).

i'd try to put an OFR or something like that in there (assuming it fits). no point in putting in a mediocre (at best) trem, when you're going to the bother of doing a swap you might as well make it an upgrade.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 6, 2013,
The JT580LP is a licensed copy made by Jackson, and really aren't that great on the quality side. The Takeuchi built units were better than the others, but still not an OFR. If you're replacing a JT580LP or any low profile copy, it would be best to use a Floyd Rose Pro, as they were what was actually being copied. You will want to get some measurements center to center on the posts and the overall length of the bridge, and compare them to see if they will fit your route and spacing. You'll also need to measure the "ears" of the trem (such as where the bar mounts) to make sure they are centered correctly in the route and will clear.

Since you are already modifying the guitar, you may not mind routing a bit in the trem cavity and recess to make it clear. If that's the case, then definitely go for the Pro as it will be the best quality.
^ apparently the OFR (not low profile) normally fits. That's probably the way to go unless you need to have it low-profile (plus i think the floyd rose pro is a different size from the OFR, and it may well not fit).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?