Page 1 of 2
Would do you think of the BBC?

Do you watch it? Listen to it on the radio or read news from it's website?

There's a lot of programs made by the BBC.

TOTP 'Top of the Pops'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW1q711P1z4

Top Gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPei3rNWqWk

Absolutely Fabulous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMvU70ToXPk

Red Dwarf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSxN1souf2U

Blackadder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMhZyviousA

Goodnight Sweetheart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhsGRaPxWZk
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Who doesn't love big black ****?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Mar 6, 2013,
big black ****?

oooh, which four letter C word that is censored did we mean?!?!?!
Top Gear is pretty great though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 6, 2013,
inb4 **** YOU TREBOR YOU SUCK DICK GO COMMIT SUICIDE!!!

OT: BBC news is far more fair and balanced than many alternatives, though they have their own issues. Like Piers Morgan.
Quote by treborillusion
Would do you think of the BBC?

I will not.

And those are all pretty boring anyways so... no.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by WCPhils
oooh, which four letter C word that is censored did we mean?!?!?!

Quote by progdude93
inb4 **** YOU TREBOR YOU SUCK DICK GO COMMIT SUICIDE!!!

OT: BBC news is far more fair and balanced than many alternatives, though they have their own issues. Like Piers Morgan.

Piers Morgan and the BBC? What?
I the BBC.

And will defend for it's continuing existence.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by blake1221
everything British looks dated.

Most of the stuff Trebor linked was way old.
Why the chuff are AbFab and TOTP even getting a mention? Doctor Who is where it's at...

I enjoy the BBC. I like the ad free radio, and ad free TV. The David Attenborough documentaries are altogether awesome.

Also that show with the penguin spy cameras is hilarious.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I like the fact that you don't have to watch any adverts or crap like that. Programs I enjoy on the Beeb:

Russell Howard's Good News
World's Craziest Fools
Death in Paradise
Silent Witness

I even enjoy some of the daytime crap like Saints and Scroungers and Homes Under the Hammer
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
The only time I would ever interact with any BBC stuff is when the rare football match is on TV.
The only worthwhile television channels are BBC (or Dave, which is reliant on the BBC for all of its material).
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
The best thing about the BBC is the radio archives. Masses and masses of lectures from prominent figures on anything worth learning about. Bertrand Russel's spring to mind.

Documentaries are on another level, especially when it comes to Physics. And they aired That Mitchell & Webb Look, so really there's nothing to complain about.
Quote by OddOneOut

I enjoy the BBC. I like the ad free radio, and ad free TV.

+1
Quote by willT08
The best thing about the BBC is the radio archives. Masses and masses of lectures from prominent figures on anything worth learning about. Bertrand Russel's spring to mind.

Documentaries are on another level, especially when it comes to Physics. And they aired That Mitchell & Webb Look, so really there's nothing to complain about.

Aren't Richard Feynman's lectures all in the BBC archives as well?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Aren't Richard Feynman's lectures all in the BBC archives as well?

They are indeed. As are a collection of George Orwell's letters from his time working at the BBC.

If anyone's into Orwell by the way, Radio 4 are doing a whole heap of programmes about him at the moment.
BBC4 sometimes does great music documentaries and live performance compilations.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Who doesn't love big black ****?

Oh, that BBC!

I get it, now.

Also; QI, I can't believe I forgot that.
Edit: The Young Ones too
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 6, 2013,

Sherlock - all of those unfortunate Americans who haven't been exposed to this should go find a copy.
I also like the BBCNews channel, and their political stuff like Question Time.
They have plenty good comedies, like Have I Got News For You and Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe and Mock The Week and The Mighty Boosh and The Armstrong and Miller show and That Mitchell and Webb Look and plenty good and classic sitcoms that I won't bore you by listing.
They have Jools Holland doing good music, and they have David Attenborough doing good animal watching stuff.
They have a range of radio stations which don't interrupt with car insurance adverts and phone in competitions every five minutes, and they have the iPlayer which is the best online TV website I have come across.
It's not all good, they have plenty rubbish daytime telly shows, I don't care for the likes of The Apprentice and a lot of the stuff they show on BBC3 is crap (but some stuff on that channel is great).
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 6, 2013,
I like the BBC a lot.

That's all I have to say about that.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Hydra150

Sherlock - all of those unfortunate Americans who haven't been exposed to this should go find a copy.

We have our own superior version where Watson's an Asian woman.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
We have our own superior version where Watson's an Asian woman.

lol
Quote by lncognito
ITV dude.

Coronation Street.
I'm A Celebrity.

What's not to like?

Coronation Street.
I'm A Celebrity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9hmYs1amY

I was going to post a list of BBC shows, some of which I already said, then I decided to just post this BBC show instead. - It's a comedy.

My Hero.

The guy who plays the doctor in this is also in Mock of the Week.
That's the guy from Father Ted, which was made by Hat Trick Productions and shown on Channel 4 in the UK.

I like that the BBC is publicly funded, I don't like how it's publicly funded but, that's the Britain I live in and let's face it, I'm not smart enough or economically stable enough to immigrate, so that's the Britain I'm stuck with, YIP-****ING-E it's in Croydon though, that sh*t's alright.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 6, 2013,
Quote by lncognito
ITV dude.

Coronation Street.
I'm A Celebrity.

What's not to like?

it's called pleb tv for a reason.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Hydra150

I also like the BBCNews channel, and their political stuff like Question Time.
They have plenty good comedies, like Have I Got News For You and Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe and Mock The Week and The Mighty Boosh and The Armstrong and Miller show and That Mitchell and Webb Look and plenty good and classic sitcoms that I won't bore you by listing.
They have Jools Holland doing good music, and they have David Attenborough doing good animal watching stuff.
They have a range of radio stations which don't interrupt with car insurance adverts and phone in competitions every five minutes, and they have the iPlayer which is the best online TV website I have come across.
It's not all good, they have plenty rubbish daytime telly shows, I don't care for the likes of The Apprentice and a lot of the stuff they show on BBC3 is crap (but some stuff on that channel is great).

OH GAWD SHERLOCK IS FOOKIN' GREAT!
Hey, does anyone watch the most popular tv channel in Britain?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by laid-to-waste
I enjoy some of the tv programs.

I listen to BBC World Service on the radio almost every day.
^^The latter two was simply them covering events organised and performed by other people/companies. Although they deserve a lot of credit for their coverage of the Olympics - for starters not having adverts every ten minutes was great.
Page 1 of 2