Okay, so I guess they recently passed a new law in the US regarding piracy. They say they'll send notices to your ISP, and after so many (six, I guess) you can get into legal trouble. I've been hearing similar things for years, and I was just wondering about the legitimacy. There was an article on UG about it and it kind of made me nervous. The details concerning punishment and the like seem very vague, and I'm not sure how serious this whole thing is.

Does anyone know how this whole thing works? How do people know if they've received a warning? Is the RIAA actually doing something this time?

http://torrentfreak.com/six-strikes-anti-piracy-scheme-starts-130225/
It's a process, not an event.
Last edited by Do Re Mi at Mar 6, 2013,
Lol, 6 "Stop doing that!"s sounds a bit excessive
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
No links. Don't buy it.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I ain't scurred.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Ah. Well.... That sucks.

But I don't use torrents to get my music anyways (and I'll just leave it at that), sooo....
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
First of all, it's not a law. The RIAA, MPAA, and the five biggest internet service providers in the country put together the six strikes policy. There's no government involvement in this at all. The ISPs did this so that they don't have to refer repeat infringers to law enforcement.

Second, I think it's bullshit, since those 5 companies have a virtual monopoly on internet service unless you're willing to use dial-up. There's just an illusion of choice, since it's damn near impossible to function in society without internet access, and we can't simply take our business elsewhere if we don't like the new policy.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Punishment will probably be drone strikes.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Two words: Proxy Server
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.