Poll: Do you like pickles on your cheeseburger?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like pickles on your cheeseburger?
Yes
9 56%
No
4 25%
Sometimes
2 13%
I don't like burgers
1 6%
Voters: 16.
Hey guys, I need some help with live lighting. I work at a radio station (as some of you know) and we sometimes DJ live events. We're looking to buy lights for the live events, but unfortunately we've got fuck all idea about where to start.

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about lighting and can recommend stuff to buy, or at the very least can direct me to some good sites that explain the basics of lighting equipment for such a purpose.

Our budget is about $1000 at most, and we can't have any sort of strobe lights because people will have seizures. Thanks in advance for help.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't know, but I'd imagine you need to buy a rainbow first.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think we just need a fog machine to make a rainbow.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Not on the burger itself but on the side, sure.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I usually ask for extra pickles on my burger, if I remember.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Get $999 worth of strobes and spend a dollar making a sign saying "Fuck epileptics, we wanna have fun"
Also what kind of pickles do you guys like? Brands? Flavors? Etc?

Quote by willT08
Get $999 worth of strobes and spend a dollar making a sign saying "Fuck epileptics, we wanna have fun"

Sadly we would not get anyone into events if that happened.
Quote by theogonia777

Sadly we would not get anyone into events if that happened.

Is everyone epileptic where you are?
Quote by willT08

Second weirdest commune I've ever seen.
Quote by willT08

Yes. Our music is so bad that our listeners get TBIs just from listeners.
Get a few par 64 LED par cans, a few scanner type lights with DMX control and a DMX controller, That way you can set presets or even control the lights in real time.

Par cans are getting cheaper all the time so in America you can probably afford to get a bunch but scanners are pretty pricey so if money's an obstacle that might hold you back, BTW I'm not talking out my ass I do work with lights and shiz.

EDIT: missed the budget on first read of OP, get like 4 par cans and a dmx controller and then see if you can afford the fancy moving lights, properly programmed par cans can make a fun light show all by themselves.

Just google DMX, it's pretty simple but it's how professional light shows are run.
(I'm sorry if you already know that)

And yes, I do enjoy pickles on my burger.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
Last edited by strait jacket at Mar 6, 2013,