Reaper will not pickup my guitar. I have it plugged in to Saffire 6 and it's already setup in the preferences. It just wont get the sound. Can anyone help?
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
I have a mac though, so I don't need ASIO. I have the preferences to my saffire 6. It just doesn't seem to pickup the audio. The meter doesn't show anything except for 'inf'.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Quote by purplexing
I have a mac though, so I don't need ASIO. I have the preferences to my saffire 6. It just doesn't seem to pickup the audio. The meter doesn't show anything except for 'inf'.

Ah, true, you don't need ASIO. Um...did you hit the button to set the Sapphire channel to instrument?
Possible causes

1) You haven't armed the track in Reaper for recording, so it isn't looking for a signal.

2) You haven't set your interface to the instrument input/haven't got enough gain (although I have two Saffire Pro 40's and the instrument input needs no gain to get a signal ).

3) You have your guitar volume off.

4) Your guitar cable is broken.

5) You have active pickups and the batteries are gone.

6) In Reaper, you haven't set the I/O to your interface, even though you have set the Mac's overall System Preferences to use the Saffire. I'm not a Reaper user, so not sure if this applies, but Logic and Garageband both have separate preferences to the Mac's system ones, so you can have the interface setup for system sounds/iTunes but not the DAW.

Make sure it's not one of those possibilities and report back and we'll try and help further.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.