Page 2 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2utR5pTTo if a group of people could do this and maybe even adapt the lyrics for english, I'd be your number one fan lol. The guitar is great but it really doesn't sound anything special without a band behind it.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
I'm down if anyone wants to do a hip-hop cover of something. Preferably English lyrics like ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA but I'm willing to do Japanese too.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'm down if anyone wants to do a hip-hop cover of something. Preferably English lyrics like ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA but I'm willing to do Japanese too.

I could throw together row row fight the power probably.

So I'll put you down as a participant with an * ?
Quote by stratkat
So I'll put you down as a participant with an * ?

You're right Strat, I should cover Asterisk by Orange Range. Now if only I could play any instruments.

But yes put me down.
Quote by Joshua1207
Might try to do a cover of Fude Pen Boru Pen, probably the one Yui did at the festival or w/e with Azunyan. We'll see tho

You should do it. I'm debating whether I should do My Love is a Stapler but I don't think I can play the keyboard parts.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
You should do it. I'm debating whether I should do My Love is a Stapler but I don't think I can play the keyboard parts.

Right now I'm thinking about just messing around with the instrumentation a little bit and play just one of the guitar parts myself.
Quote by NothingRocks
Are remixes acceptable?

Of course.

Quote by whywefight
I've never seen this
but i like how its set up
distant due date though

I could make an album by myself in that time yes, but some ugers have a lot of things to do and don't work in long periods. The last one ran for 2 months and I think 11 out of 30 people submitted in time. But sooner I get submissions the better, I'm putting in at least two. So in?

Quote by jsr331
is it too late to enter? if not then count me in!

Yes and you have PLENTY of time:]
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 7, 2013,
sign me up pls

for now, i get dibs on the high school of the dead opening but this is subject to change
Last edited by aCloudConnected at Mar 7, 2013,
Updated.

Also I'd love to hear a cover'remix of soul eaters opening.:]
Or any of the more guitar based songs.

Also stick this thread so you don't forget about it if you plan to participate.
count me in!
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Vitor_vdp
What about a medley? I was thinking of doing one with themes from Spirited Away.

Would that be acceptable?

Yeah, but I'd try not to make it to long, a 10 minute track would be out of place among a bunch of theme song covers.

So put you in?
sure would vitor
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by LightxGrenade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F2utR5pTTo if a group of people could do this and maybe even adapt the lyrics for english, I'd be your number one fan lol. The guitar is great but it really doesn't sound anything special without a band behind it.

oh man this song brings back memories
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Quote by Vitor_vdp
By the way, does it have to be strictly a cover, or can it be an arrangement?

That's fine, as long as it's recognizable.

Added it to the rules since it's been asked twice.
Quote by TheReverend724
bean i'd be down to do another hip hop track since it's been so long since we did samurai

omg that would totally be awesome, rev

Quote by aCloudConnected
sign me up pls

for now, i get dibs on the high school of the dead opening but this is subject to change

That's like one of my all time favorite OPs if you screw it up i will hate u for ever but if you do a good job my panties will drop so hard they'll break through the floor
I'm also in. Just having to arrange a song should involve a lot less effort than having to write one and a lot more chance that I'll submit something.

I'm thinking I might actually try Moonlight Densetsu. I'm just worried about ruining it with my horrible DI'd guitar tone, and that I might get lazy and just put the melody of generic chugging and call it a day. But we'll see.
Sign me up. I'll probably do my classical guitar instrumental version of Lilium, from Elfen Lied. (That may be subject to change, as I'm also working on HT from Trigun, and can play an acoustic version of Stray from Wolf's Rain, and Falling Down from Eden of the East)
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
I'd like to participate too. But I'm still looking the song(s) to cover. Probably something from Beck - MCS or Rurouni Kenshin. My main problem is the respect and reverence for the originals, which may cause me to try and sound too much like the original version.
Quote by Nietsche
I'm thinking I might actually try Moonlight Densetsu.

Went through and listened to the track again on YT and worked out the melody lines. I have a definite idea of what I want to do with this, and I expect 99.9% of UG is going to hate it. Nonetheless, I called dibs on doing a ridiculous Agent Steel/Mercyful Fate inspired speed metal rendition of MD.

In terms of recognisability, is it OK to have sections that are less obviously derived from the original material if we balance it out with more straight forward parts?
Oh yeah, sorry, thanks for that, already acquired after you sent me it and then started watching. Just absent mindedly forgot to reply >.> But yeah, thanks
If Ichi doesn't do a song this album won't even be worth listening to, someone make him a song he can put his PASSIONATE vocals over.

Spent two days on it, I'm gonna have a hard time deciding on songs by the time June 30th gets here I'm a fast worker.

Also the sooner you get them in the better, if you revise or have a better one you want to replace the submitted one with you can do so before the dead line.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 8, 2013,
^ That's an awesome track btw.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
^ That's an awesome track btw.

Thanks
I've made a remix for about everyday this week, doing remixes gives me a huge boost in subs/fans. And I'm in a writers block with original songs

Honestly I can just pump tracks out, they take time, but I can still manage it with all my free time. But for some it takes a long time, which is why a left such a long deadline, also people could sign up later.
Anyone even like Dirty Dutch?

I mean, I saw a video tutorial for it, and everyone was all like "LOLGANGNAMSTYLELOL" and I laughed because it sounded more like a Skrillex Birdy Nam Nam remix.
Quote by AvengedFoghat
Anyone even like Dirty Dutch?

I mean, I saw a video tutorial for it, and everyone was all like "LOLGANGNAMSTYLELOL" and I laughed because it sounded more like a Skrillex Birdy Nam Nam remix.

I'm not familiar with the term, but I've probably heard the genre before.

It sounds a lot like moombahton, except there's a ton of sliding synths and there's only a bass drum to keep da riddim flowing.

Of course, that's from a Dirty Dutch tutorial I saw on the tubes.