Page 3 of 5
Right now, I'm kinda leaning toward a melodic hardcore/post-hardcore sorta cover of Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari from Bakemonogatari.

Not sure if I should do it in its original key and just sing it an octave lower, or rearrange it in another one so I don't have to sing it so low.
Quote by AvengedFoghat
Get a bass.
Not the guitar, a person who can sing in a low octave.

I can sing it an octave lower. It's pretty comfortably within my range. It's just that stylistically, it's kinda not fitting.

Also, changing the key would force me to not be lazy and just play a slightly faster version of the rhythm part. It's in A major originally, and it's very tempting to just use more or less the same chord voicings if I keep it in it. And I want to rework it into something original, as much as I love Supercell's original version.
I want to sing it myself.

I might want to buy some better gear when my birthday rolls around next month, though. Like a condenser mic and an actual audio interface instead of my HD500 (even though they've got a pretty cool mic pre model in there now).

I'm probably actually going to need a bassist unless I decide to buy a cheap one. My dad's old bass has been broken for a while, and it's got an active preamp with some capacitors that fell out, among other things. :/

And I doubt you can find schematics for the preamps in the old aluminum-headstock Kramer basses from the late '70s.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 8, 2013,
Do a Joy Division style cover.

Sing like you'd rather be wanking.

But, given it's anime, it really wouldn't work unless the title was something like I Hate Myself and Want to Die

Which I assume it isn't. Well, best advice is, do it however you do it. Speeding up? Do it. Change voicings? Do it. Just gotta rewire your brain, and that requires a good amount of muscle memory practice. But you can do it, Pat. I believe in ya.
There's a pretty good indie rockish cover by these anonymous guys right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOp8XbQumfM

They do a number of animu covers, including Hacking to the Gate from Steins;Gate and Super Driver from Haruhi season 2. Those are the only other ones I've seen, but I know they have more.

I believe they drop the key to G in this, but I'm not quite sure, and I'm too lazy to check on my guitar right now. This version is in E major, and I'm a dumbass for not just looking at the frontman's left hand.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by Holy Katana
There's a pretty good indie rockish cover by these anonymous guys right here:
They do a number of animu covers, including Hacking to the Gate from Steins;Gate and Super Driver from Haruhi season 2. Those are the only other ones I've seen, but I know they have more.

Holy crap these guys are awesome thank you for the link

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
strat just release your own album of anime remixes in addition to putting 2 on this album :P
Quote by GuitarGod_92
If Ichi doesn't do a song this album won't even be worth listening to, someone make him a song he can put his PASSIONATE vocals over.

we can always rip the audio from one of the vids he still has up like the FUKKUJIIAERRA video

also i would comission rev to do a total pogo-esque style remix out of BERR WENT INN
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I probably had no clue what The Pit was when the first album came out, so I'll definitely be participating in this.

yes u did baka u did the 1st post rock album the i put on i remmeber
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Shredoftheday
yes u did baka u did the 1st post rock album the i put on i remmeber

Whoa, was it so long back?

I don't remember seeing the planning thread for the first anime album, though. >_>
Maybe.

There is heaps of time, but I need to find a song first. I might do an instrumental version of the first Arakawa ED.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
OP kept to date, also released my own 10 track remix album, I'll only put two (three if submissions are low) or some new ones on the album.
http://youtu.be/b_JJ31Q1eoE
Besides the original 3 characters I made the cover, and I drew the first album cover, so be confident I'm competent and hard work put into this will not be wasted:3
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 20, 2013,
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do D-City Rock from Panty & Stocking (so do not steal lol)
Then maybe either My Love is a Stapler from K-ON or Advice from Fooly Cooly.
By the way I just saw rule 16½ where songs should be 90 seconds long, these are about 4 minutes is that okay?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i keep forgetting about this

where is rev
rev make me a song
i dont even care which anime really dont have that many hip-hop songs
i mean we already did battlecry
we basically just have ROW ROW or any song out of Orange Range or Home Made Kazoku's catalogues
What's an anime?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by jthm_guitarist
By the way I just saw rule 16½ where songs should be 90 seconds long, these are about 4 minutes is that okay?

I think he means at least 90 seconds long, which is the same length as most TV size versions of OPs and EDs.
Anyone who's good with font can add some, I' having trouble with it, also, like, participate and get in early please, I spent some money and time on my entries and cover, I'd like this to succeed.

If any mod could sticky this, I'd appreciate it.
Deadline Extended to near the end of summer vacation, and maybe longer, until we have enough tracks to release.

If this could be sticky'd I'd appreciate it, because it seems largely ignored...and look at the cool cover we got, I sunk money into that.
y does she have horns tho
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Working on a instrumental version of Cooking Is So Fun, I'll see how that goes.

EDIT: done? https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207/cooking-is-so-fun-azumanga idk, i know its under that 90 second limit you said but you tell me if its okay or not. I'll see if i can do another song maybe.
Last edited by Joshua1207 at May 30, 2013,
It might be okay, I'll check it out in a bit.

I think I'm gonna take the G off the book, I think it might be too much/it looks pretty unnatural in the middle there.

Quote by Joshua1207
Working on a instrumental version of Cooking Is So Fun, I'll see how that goes.

EDIT: done? https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207/cooking-is-so-fun-azumanga idk, i know its under that 90 second limit you said but you tell me if its okay or not. I'll see if i can do another song maybe.

It's fine, seems more backgroundish or appropriate for an interlude in the album, so I'll only let another 1-2 tracks this short slide.
What do you want to be credited as also, username? because the ID3 is mock or something.

Quote by Nietsche
Because Hugh Gee.

Yes...actually she kinda looks like she could be their daughter...neat.
Last edited by stratkat at May 30, 2013,
Oh, the OP says for them to be in mp3 I believe. But yeah, I'll send you a link in a second to a .wav of it.

I'd prefer to be credited as Mock Off, I believe that is what I tagged it as.
Last edited by Joshua1207 at May 30, 2013,
Quote by Joshua1207
Oh, the OP says for them to be in mp3 I believe. But yeah, I'll send you a link in a second to a .wav of it.

Ignore that, I read my OP, I was thinking my plan was to get them all as private album on bandcamp to get a mp3 320 and flac version, because all the submissions have been .wav so far. I assumed wrong, I did make this thread a few months ago, my bad.

I snagged the mp3 off soundcloud, if you update it or whatever you're welcome to do that, OP changed to august 30th, but honestly I want at least 10 tracks on this, minimum, would love 20ish+ tracks, but that's probably hoping too much, I'ma message jay and see if I can post an ad for this in a different forum, or something.
Yep, but credit you as joshua1207, or Mock Off, or somethign else?

And yay, that makes 4 tracks.

edit:
and here's the album pic with no G on teh book, idk I think it might be too busy with the G, but maybe it doesn't matter:
A k-on mix would be rad, so far everything's electronic, I'd like some guitar on it:3

Updated OP.

Bump so people dont' forget, and there's still plenty of time for new sign ups.
This is such a cool idea!

Unfortunately I can't really contribute, since I'm only now slowly easing myself into anime.

Will be cool to see the end-product though, maybe I'll be able to contribute by the time album 3 rolls around!
just as Phillip explained I'm amazed that someone can get paid $8496 in four weeks on the computer. did you look at this web link >>>>>>>>>wep6.com
well Rev
the problem is that to my knowledge there are only two rap songs used in anime with English lyrics. Battlecry and ROW ROW.

tho Im not totally against learning japanese songs. like i already am decent with a few. i dont know how much work you want to do tho since most songs are for full band arrangement

i could learn these four but like i said full band arrangements for most Orange Range shit but you play like every instrument anyway because ur a god but that'd still be way too much effort

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJKU6HUEqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmYhuYkosE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTLw-GKG5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYuf4r-8xk

tho with that last one we could totally get paul in on this and make it a threesome

or we could just be bitches and resort to ROW ROW because im pretty sure that's whats gonna happen.
that's not even a cover tho at that point its p much just an original song with the chorus just plugged in at the end, even he admits it with the forever pandering in the title

arent u ken ashcorp anyway
pfft, yeah it's an original song about anime, and the chorus is there. Plus I don't think he produced any of it, like with cherry boy rap, it's vocals over an already written/anime music.

I'd probably allow stuff like that for the album, as long as the music was covered/recorded/not a rip.