Page 4 of 5
so as long as someone covers an anime beat, i could write original lyrics referencing said anime, and it would work out fine?

because i could be down with that
to catch them is my real test to train them is my cause

^ if i could record music id call dibs on that
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Edit: lolnvm
Well instead of an electronic cover I guess I'll be doing a full band cover as ive got most of the drums laid out. We'll see about vocals when it gets to that
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 12, 2013,
What the hell? I just now noticed this thread too. So much fun, so little time! This one will be easy. I can play the entire FLCL soundtrack cover to cover.

And if Japanese RPGs like Final Fantasy count, then my submission for the Calling All Pit Musicians thread will work here too. Two birds and one stone. Fuck with it (So, uh, does Final Fantasy count?)

edit: Actually, **** it. Im playing Carnival by The Pillows. And if Final Fantasy counts, ill submit that bitch too. Sign me up, stratkat.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Jul 16, 2013,
Can you unsticky this now. It's not fair that everyone has to see a thread that only two people not involved in the make of it will hear.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Can you unsticky this now. It's not fair that everyone has to see a thread that only two people not involved in the make of it will hear.

My own anime album has roughly 100 downloads, that doesn't guarantee any success, but I can let some followers who like anime know about this album when it's released.

I also make music for a madoka abridged series with about 50,000 views per episode.
genghis is right tho
this album will never see the light of day unless you make the entire thing your self, strat
eh no I wasn't really worried about it, a song from beck (little more than before,) digimon, d-city rock, and cooking is fun are the submissions I have now, but some have called out songs in the thread they're going to try getting recorded.
Quote by Jon777
Almost forgot about this.

I think I'm either going to do Moon on the Water from BECK or something from Bakuman.

both sound rad man, when I get all the submissions I'll ask permission from everyone if I can upload the album to youtube, I have 600+ subs, so I know a few randomers will listen to it. And when I hit 10 or 12, I'll give a 2 week notice or something so people who still want to enter can.

I have 12ish anime remixes I've done, 10 very recently, so I'm not gonna call out which ones I'm doing because if someone makes one I'd choose I'll ust move to the next.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
genghis is right tho
this album will never see the light of day unless you make the entire thing your self, strat

i support it
i'll legit do vocals for every track if someone gets me a working mic
Quote by aCloudConnected
i forgot what song i was doing to do. do we have a list of everything that's already been taken?

Nope, but just look through, ctrl+f is pretty useful, for either looking up the song you called, or checking to see if someone else has called the song.

Having been involved in a few of these people who call their song a lot of times don't deliver sadly, it sucks especially when someone else also wanted to do that song.

Also since some people genuinely feel these are ignored, I'm considering making a youtube account and compiling all of the community albums onto one channel each being one video. This way people will be able to see how much people listen to these albums.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 16, 2013,
I'm in. I have a few seasons of Pokemon down but I think i'll do Upotte just for the hell of working out the transcription.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
yet i still dont have a working mic?

every time i say i'll buy you a new mic you say its your computers fault and buying a new mic wont work
shit 10 days and I've only just got the drum track finished
and I don't even know what I'm going to do with the song

like I don't want to just cover it exactly and try to replicate it
maybe as I'm recording, the producer in me will figure out ways to make it my own somehow.
Quote by Ignite
shit 10 days and I've only just got the drum track finished
and I don't even know what I'm going to do with the song

like I don't want to just cover it exactly and try to replicate it
maybe as I'm recording, the producer in me will figure out ways to make it my own somehow.

I'll probably extend it if I don't have 10ish or 12ish songs at least.
Okay stratkat, sent you a PM with a link to my sub. Kind of tossed it together last minute, so if submitting a revised cover a bit after the official deadline is okay I'll probably do that. If not, the one I sent in will have to do.
I'm gonna do Mr Raindrop
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I'm gonna do Mr Raindrop

this
its gonna be so full of passion that your ears will fall off when you hear it