Between being about a fifth its usual price thanks to being a college student, and really loving my graphic design course that makes heavy use of multiple programs in it, I'm planning on buying one of the versions of the Adobe Creative Suite within the next few months.

One program that I'm really curious about in it is Audition, Adobe's DAW. I'm using Ableton Live Lite right now, and I was thinking about buying Live 9 in the next few years since I can get the full version for $330 instead of $500. But I'm curious from anyone with experience on both, how they compare, if I'd be better served getting a version of the Creative Suite that has Audition, and using that instead? Also, I've been using Amplitube since I can't set up a mic in my dorm, will it work with Audition? I also use MIDI instruments a lot since I lack much more than a guitar, a bass, and a harmonica, but I can afford a MIDI controller, so it needs to work with them too.

Cheers for any answers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 7, 2013,
Quote by necrosis1193
Between being about a fifth its usual price thanks to being a college student, and really loving my graphic design course that makes heavy use of multiple programs in it, I'm planning on buying one of the versions of the Adobe Creative Suite within the next few months.
At present you can get the entire Adobe Creative Suite, Version 2, for free, from Adobe, no strings attached.

It is a very old version, granted. If you hasve modern DSLR type cameras, the chances are you won't be able to import RAW files from them with it.

However, it's still a very powerful, useful set of programs, that will most likely run on later versions of Windows. (It's native to Win XP). If you still have an XP box laying around, you're more than golden.

Here's the download page for all CS-2 product: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I know nothing about "Audition", it's not part of CS-2, so I can't help you with that part of your issue. Sorry about that.
Fruity loops will be much cheaper and much better.
Audition, it's out of date. Photoshop however, is amazing.
I have CS6 Master Collection which includes Audition. It's surprisingly powerful. The sprectral analysis is simply amazing and the noise reduction feature is insanely easy to use, and really has no equal. However, its very different than any other DAW you might be used to, but if you plan on doing video work, its integration with Premiere is seamless.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Personally I find audition and the other adobe related audio products to be better suited to either soundtrack work or mastering audio. They are great for adding that extra bit of polish to an already recorded track, but not the best option for tracking.
been runing adobe CS.MC for years For recording audition is very usable VST plugin are abit hit and miss if there work (abit like PT)

but over all I can see some loving it's workflow nothing wrong with it if your Fav VST's are working. it has an excellent mastering workflow & toolset for sure.
recording audio I can not see a problem (tho I prefer PT) it seem pretty solid for what I have used it for. I have used it alot over the years since graphic studio's don't normally Invest in PT for sound scape, Foley, mixing and mastering.

for issues like not knowing how create beat markers or tempo changes etc.. maybe reading the manual will over come that,. or even use the google ? .. it can do it.