I'm just looking for some easy or medium guitar solos, mainly heavy metal. I can't play many solos but I've always wanted to get better at them.
What can you play?
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Even saying heavy metal is pretty vague, but i'll quickly go through my itunes and give you a list of some and i'll rate them how i feel...

Remnants by Disturbed (intermediate) 1:26-2:43

Until the End by Avenged Sevenfold (Beginner - Intermediate). This song has like 4 guitar solo's so it's almost entirely just soloing. I definitely recommend this.

Clairvoyant Disease by Avenged Sevenfold (Beginner) 2:03-2:58

Critical Acclaim by Avenged Sevenfold (beginner - intermediate). One of the first guitar solo's i ever learnt. 3:26-4:23

Gunslinger by Avenged Sevenfold (Beginner) 2:56-3:20

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (Beginner). that's the first thing most people think of for beginner metal solo's haha. 4:54-5:20

Karma by Parkway Drive (Beginner-Intermediate). Only issue is it's in drop A BUT it can be played in standard. 2:14-3:00

The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater (Intermediate). ****ing AMAZING solo's. The solo at the start is easier than the solo at the end. I imagine it might be a bit difficult for you though but i have no idea how accomplished you are with metal soloing. 0:29-0:59

I Used to Make Out with Medusa by Bring me the Horizon (Intermediate) 2:41-3:15
Liquor and Love Lost by Bring me the Horizon (Intermediate)
Both the solo's i'd recommend if you're capable of playing them. They're easier than they sound. 0:50-1:29

Ever Dream by Nightwish (Beginner) 2:53-3:21

Astral Romance by Nightwish (Beginner-Intermediate) 4:00 - 4:53

In Waves by Trivium (Beginner-Intermediate) 1:55-2:21 and 2:34-2:58
It has 2 solo's if i recall, and both are quite nice.

Sanitarium by Metallica (Beginner- Intermediate)
This song you definitely have to check out. There's like 4 guitar solo's ranging from beginner to intermediate.

Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold (Beginner-) 2:49-3:33

Chapter Four by Avenged Sevenfold (Beginner-Intermediate). Try this 100% for sure if you want to challenge your bending / vibrato. It's one of the first solo's i ever learnt. Infact i really really hope you dig it and try it. I haven't played it in 3 or so years but i remember very well learning it. It is a pain in the ass. But in a good way.

4:22-4:46

EDIT: I've even gone to the trouble of listing the times the solo's start :P
Last edited by vayne92 at Mar 7, 2013,
Cant speak for any of these solo's above since i dont like any of the bands except nightwish. But really anything by Metallica is in the Beginner/Intermediate spectrum. Yes even the "One" solo isnt that difficult when slowed down a bit.

Some other bands to check out are "Down" and "Corrosion Of Conformity" all there solos are blues based. Very simple and based around one scale. All there albums are cool.
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
Really the only solos I can play are a Troy Stetina - Open fire, Bin Jovi - you give love a bad name, and Ace Frehely - Rip it out.