Bedroom player , cant really crank an amp . i was jsut wondering if theres anything new in the modeling world small pratice amp . last time i played one was like 2 years ago and was a Vypyr 30 , roland microcube etc . i wasnt very impressed at all with the distortion sound .

is there anything new thats worth trying ( new company , new model )

id like something with a 12 inch ( 1x12 combo ) if possible , 12 inch sound much fuller than 6 inch etc .

anything worth ??
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
MOAR details!

How much do you have to spend?
Type of music you play the most?
other assorted questions?

Go read the suggestion FAQ sticky and come back and fix your OP, or nobody will be able give you useful advice. You have an '04 join date, you should know this shit.

Here's the thread, 2nd section is what you want.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33&announcementid=150
Last edited by tukk04 at Mar 7, 2013,
The cleans on the mustang sound great, same with the crunch, but I didn't think the gain(s) sounded so good. I would recommend one of the orange tiny terrors, my personal favorite is the dark terror.
Quote by Skysc
...is there anything new thats worth trying ( new company , new model )

id like something with a 12 inch ( 1x12 combo ) if possible...

DT25 has modeled preamps and real tube section with analog switching. New update lets you choose from a bunch of different modeled preamps in addition to the original 4 (Fender, Vox, Marshall, Mesa).

Like most, perhaps all, amps it does better cranked up a bit but still sounds great at low volume.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
no budget? Fractal Axe-FX II with a studio monitor and good heaphones for when you need to be really quiet
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Mar 7, 2013,
The cleans on the mustang sound great, same with the crunch, but I didn't think the gain(s) sounded so good. I would recommend one of the orange tiny terrors, my personal favorite is the dark terror.

The gains in the Mustang sound better AFTER you tweak the original presets.
Vox Valvetronix series of amps come in 1x12 and 2x12. They have a vacuum tube preamp.

They take pedals pretty well, I really like mine.

Modelers are modelers though.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Carlos V
The gains in the Mustang sound better AFTER you tweak the original presets.

I have never tweaked the original presets, thanks for pointing that out.
I'm not a fan of the vox modelers, the high gain isn't for me. I could never really get the tone I wanted, but then again that was a couple of years ago before I had a decent guitar and new what i was doing.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals