Recently I rarely pick up the guitar. I just not in the mood and I lack new ideas for songs, not really interested in playing others as the ones I interested in are sometimes too hard (progressive death metal) and I don't really like those silly three chord songs. Not to mention the tunings.
Currently I have many problems in my life. I crushed on a girl who disappeared and I can't move on, I live with my father and I'm not on good terms on him (I also thinking on moving back to my mother) and became a helicopter parent, I travel a lot between my college and my current home, I can't find a part-time job to fund a rent, etc.
What should I do?
found him
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Jam.

Youtube backing tracks, and jam over them. Do that all day.
Creating music is what makes playing an instrument fun (and puts you in the "flow state"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29 )

Trust me, do it.
Even if you suck, just keep doing it (blues backing tracks are good places to start, easy to get into the "groove", and groove is a key part of jamming).

You will love guitar if you do this.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Well, often good advice is to play less for a period of time, and then come back and focus on it, this will usually give you a good boost of enthusiasm, atleast in the beginning.

Also, you could try and channel all that angsty despair into some kickass music!
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Northernmight

Also, you could try and channel all that angsty despair into some kickass music!

Oh, The irony.
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie

Oh, The irony.

Yay, you caught it ;D
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
found him

And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Get yourself together then worry about the guitar.
Also, there are not plenty of fish in the sea. You are on a life raft, just caught one fish after a week at sea and you let it go, accept your fate.
Well, I figured out, what would be the biggest problem:

Lack of practice because of lack of time. And because of this I don't advance as I did earlier.

I look up for some cheap rent, maybe I succeed this time.

I actually thinking on making some songs about the place I currently live, as it's the deconstruction of what most people thinking about a small town. Also my music is suited for this, because it's not clear technical death metal, instead of it's melodeath and techdeath infusion (varies between the ratio of the two), with lots of influences from other genres, mostly technical thrash metal (I'm a big fan of Voivod), jazz, classical, progressive rock/metal.

Also there are a lot of time when I think up something good (mostly lyrics), but when I sit down to write it down, I get blocked. Why?
Watch a couple of vids with Phil X. If you lack the will to play after them i will beat my girlfriend for you
Pick up another instrument; drums, bass, piano. Or learn to sing! None of that 'but I can't sing' crap, either. Growling is easy, and 'proper' singing isn't that hard to get to a passable level, at least enough to amuse onlookers. Even if you never really use it, it's great for rekindling your interest in music as a whole
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by willT08
Make EDM

Funnily enough I was in the same position as TS and I started fucking around with electronic music on GP, pretty fun.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by whywefight
I think I finally figured out this thread.

It's about will's lack of playing guitar. Took me a while. I thought TS just had bad grammar.

God. Damn.

I finally got all that Will Smith stuff.
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I'd sort out your biggest priorities first, then think about picking up guitar again. Sometimes when I get bored of mine, I pick up my bass and play it for awhile
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Do this:
1. Save up about $800 (less if you have a really nice amp; also less if you buy a few things on eBay).
2. Buy yourself some recording gear.
3. Record tunes through your computer.
4. Put tunes on bandcamp. (Optional.)
5. ???
6. Profit!

Edit:
Do all of the above AFTER you take care of your first priorities (which are not music).
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 7, 2013,
I came in here to say: I like your name, TS. I'm listening to Ziltoid the Omniscient for the first time right now and loving it.

Oh and, guitar playing is a habit just like anything else. Whenever I'm not playing, I tell myself I'll learn something new or I'll work on something that I need to work on. I make small goals and I try to achieve them. This way, I wind up playing more and progressing.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Can't find a job, you say?

Jam with some friends, start a band, get weekend gigs, and make some money. Come on, you have to think a little, man.
Skip the username, call me Billy
get one of those multitrack recording apps on your phone, the quality will obviously be shit but it's hell of allot of fun composing harmonies and songs without the hassle of a laptop or recording equiptment
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
I alreadily done some recording, they can be heard on my Soundcloud. Also I have a video for Crystal mountain, but I too lazy to cut it, maybe tomorrow.

Maybe I move to bass (with six strings and low F#). But most certanly I'll move to Budapest and leave this "anti-town" behind. I think both long travels and being not very good terms with my parents (mostly my father, he seems to being a psychopath) affects me very negatively. But well, I get my student loan soon.

I tried to form a band here numerous times. At first we had no instruments and no musical sense, but a high level of arrogance towards others. I also wanted to play something unpopular always. Once I got invited to a racist skinhead band, I strongly refused. Nowadays people into creativity are very rare here and you have to make strong compromises, like playing only covers to being in a band.
You are asking a forum of people equally as ****ed up as yourself for help. If that's the kind of logic swimming around in your head, you should probably just kill yourself
Quote by easily_suede
You are asking a forum of people equally as ****ed up as yourself for help. If that's the kind of logic swimming around in your head, you should probably just kill yourself

You're an asshat.

Quote by easily_suede

this cracka so mad