So these 2 different sets of allen wrenches are both in inches and none of them work on my Floyd related screws, even the 1/8" one which is converted to 3 mm, the size Floyd says are needed

Today I found a set of allen keys in the garage in metric measure and what do you know, the 3 mm worked perfect

Are metric and US marked tools different more than just how they are labeled? Or are they ever so slightly different just to get people to buy multiple sets?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
They are different. In your example, 1/8in is actually 25.4 x 0.125 = 3.175mm which is definitely not the same as 3mm.
It's about time the U.S. got with the programme and started using metric like the rest of the world.
Quote by von Layzonfon
They are different. In your example, 1/8in is actually 25.4 x 0.125 = 3.175mm which is definitely not the same as 3mm.
It's about time the U.S. got with the programme and started using metric like the rest of the world.

Jesus, literally a tenth of a millimeter over? Sometimes I love how arbitrary our measurements are, other times it's just frustrating... Good to know I have to look for the metric ones from now on though
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by IWasMaiden93
Jesus, literally a tenth of a millimeter over? Sometimes I love how arbitrary our measurements are, other times it's just frustrating... Good to know I have to look for the metric ones from now on though

Mate, if you can get these in the US, I would recommend one. 30pc allen wrench set; 15 imperial/US/SAE/whatever you want to call it, 15 metric.

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/26366-hex-key-set-30pce-d00207-duratool.html

Also, all units are arbitrary to an extent. The problem comes when you get 2 different arbitrary systems of units and try to put them together. We've been living with that for the last 40 years; now it seems as if it's America's time to suffer

Quote by von Layzonfon

Well, apart from us and our roads obviously "miles per litre" lol.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 7, 2013,