Page 1 of 3
So Sim City (a primarily single player game) launched this week with its all new "always online" digital rights management system. For those who dont know if you want to game, you HAVE to be online and log in.

People can't get onto the servers, but **** it right? Who cares, i mean the servers wont be up in 10 years anyway, so were renting the game basically. Oh and if my internet connections down for whatever reason...**** it, I just cant play.

Please sign the petition to stop for happening to future games.

Thank you UG

https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games
: )
It's not just EA. Ubisoft has been pulling that shit recently too, unfortunately.

And as much as I'd like mandatory online to go, if you think EA of all companies gives the slightest shit was people want, you're wrong. That corporation is atrocious.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Mar 7, 2013,
I know, but they went back on their decision after one of these petitions got enough signatures, they listened, we can do the same.

When you buy this game you havnt actually bought it, you cant play it off your hard drive, and what do we think will happen in 10 years when EA decides hosting the servers is profitable any more? We lose our purchase.
haven't Diablo also done that with D3 and i'm sure Football Manager can only be played online too.

it's a ballache when you're on a long train journey looking forward to playing games on your computer and can't because you don't have an internet connection.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
EA are an appalling excuse of a company. Signed anyway because being passive aggressive gets your way, right?
Supposedly, we won't be able to buy used/trade with friends anymore, as there's going to be some sort of code that you'll have to enter to play the game. (Really only pertinent to consoles)
Corporations are swayed by money... If no one buys the damn game, the company will be looking for answers

There are enough Sim this or that games on the market anyway
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Sorry man but Game companies want to make sure you own a legitimate copy of the game. Piracy is pretty prevalent these days and gaming companies are tired of you having your friends "borrow" your copy of the game.

If you really want someone to blame then blame the pirates man. They're the ones causing the game companies to punish the rest of us. Either that or just download a copy of the game that doesn't require you to play online.
Quote by WaterGod
Sorry man but Game companies want to make sure you own a legitimate copy of the game. Piracy is pretty prevalent these days and gaming companies are tired of you having your friends "borrow" your copy of the game.

If you really want someone to blame then blame the pirates man. They're the ones causing the game companies to punish the rest of us. Either that or just download a copy of the game that doesn't require you to play online.

That doesn't stop pirates, bro.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by stratacaster
steam twists the knife lol

Seems legit...
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Now that Mass Effect is over, the only EA game I play is Madden, and by the time they stop operating the server, they'll probably have had enough improvements to the actual physics engine and game design that I'll buy a new copy.

EA's a damned soul that isn't worth trying to save.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by WaterGod

I don't see what forced online has to do with piracy.
Lol why would you buy a shit game like simcity?

Retard. Also why is ****** censored?

RetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetardRetard
Quote by BladeSlinger
That doesn't stop pirates, bro.

I know i'm being sarcastic. Stuff like this encourages piracy rather than discourage it.
Quote by necrosis1193
Now that Mass Effect is over, the only EA game I play is Madden, and by the time they stop operating the server, they'll probably have had enough improvements to the actual physics engine and game design that I'll buy a new copy.

EA's a damned soul that isn't worth trying to save.

I know that in 10 years time i'll probably be playing something new, but occasionally i do like to play sim city 4, which is well old. Heck i installed Theme Hospital and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 the other day, they're great games.

I know EA are a big facelss machine who dont want to listen, but i just feel like were sleep walking into an era of getting screwed over here.
Quote by WaterGod

yeah and blame american freedoms for al qaeda hatred right?
Quote by soundgarden1986
I don't see what forced online has to do with piracy.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/maxis-simcitys-drm-scheme-is-a-good-thing-for-players/

There seemed no mechanical explanation for this requirement, but EA believes that this hurdle will go a long way toward preventing widespread piracy of the currently PC and Mac-exclusive SimCity.

There's a reason it's called the digital rights management system.
Quote by stratacaster
I know that in 10 years time i'll probably be playing something new, but occasionally i do like to play sim city 4, which is well old. Heck i installed Theme Hospital and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 the other day, they're great games.

I know EA are a big facelss machine who dont want to listen, but i just feel like were sleep walking into an era of getting screwed over here.

Salvation from that era is as simple as accepting The Gabe into your life, friend.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Salvation from that era is as simple as accepting The Gabe into your life, friend.

Haha, when/if i do get a SteamBox i can play ALL my steam games on delicious high settings :P
@TS:
Eh, I suppose I'll sign. Not that EA is going to do anything, unless people stop buying their games period. But whatever.
Quote by captaincrunk
yeah and blame american freedoms for al qaeda hatred right?

You do realise that's not the reason why al quaeda don't like the US right?
Quote by necrosis1193

All hail Gaben!

OT, EA have grown too big for their own good and their morals are non-existant and their main aim is to milk series and destroy them (Medal Of Honor) and rip off the consumer (micro-transactions and day 1 DLC).

Valve listen to the consumer and deliver what they think the consumer will want. Not what EA's deluded managers think we want.

Valve are slowly taking over as top company. EA have tried to copy Steam with Origin which no-one wants or uses unless they have to and their games are severely overpriced. It beats me why developers still choose to go with EA as publishers.

Gabe Newell is the savior we have very much needed.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
This article is going round the internet, one person tried for a refund and was refused and threatened with a ban

The customer service representative acknowledged the press release but then later added “it is also the our discretion to process a refund.” Not only that he also mentioned that if the user tries to dispute it, his “account will be banned.”

http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

EDIT: I know this is probably a one off but it kinda smacks of WarZ in terms of how this whole thing has been mismanaged and in general how EA is milking a once great idea dead
Last edited by stratacaster at Mar 7, 2013,
Quote by stratacaster
This article is going round the internet, one person tried for a refund and was refused and threatened with a ban

http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

EDIT: I know this is probably a one off but it kinda smacks of WarZ in terms of how this whole thing has been mismanaged and in general how EA is milking a once great idea dead

Saw that about an hour ago. Fucking hilarious haha. It's a shame EA has a shit-tonne of lawyers (probably needs them) or they could easily be done for that. The WarZ thing was plain funny lol. I mean....same creative director as on Big Rigs....
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I pisses me off that I can't get Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3 on Steam. I don't want to download Origin for two games.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by stratacaster

There was a post on the Mass Effect 3 forums a while ago. The dude's multiplayer account got wiped for some reason, and all of his weapons and character were reset to zero. He contacted customer support, and the guy was hella rude and threatened to ban him. He copied the whole chat log and posted it on the forum. I think he got his forum account banned for doing that lol.

EA is balls and their customer support is despicable.
Quote by TheChaz

EA is balls and their customer support is despicable.

Totally. It wont let my brother online on FIFA, tried everything and nothing works. Tried calling them. Called them 4 times, put on hold each time and the connection went after 10 minutes of waiting.
That kind of thing never happened to my Sega Saturn games.
The game industry is going through a new change, and it looks pretty lost in their actions. There is no balance, there is just the company ripping off their costumers and the costumers accepting without questioning. I had a blast unlocking every single thing in Guardian Heroes as I played through all the 7 endings, now I can just DLC that kind of fun away. (Although I think Treasure would never milk a game for its DLCs in that way). And do you remember the last time you unlocked a secret character in a Capcom game? Me neither.
Last edited by ezkamenrider at Mar 7, 2013,
DLC pisses me off in the hands of monkeys, i mean its great when used genuinly for add ons or when a game is free, i have no beef whatsoever with Planetside 2 (although they're DLC is a pile i wank lol).

But when you pay full price for a game and then you find theres a ton of stuff missing....dang times have changed. I bet if EA released FF7 in todays time you would have to buy Red XIII, yufi and Barrett; not to mention the signature moves and magic spells, ****ers.

PS. If EA some how manage to get their claws on final fantasy i will shit a brick and rage :P
Quote by soundgarden1986
It's not just EA. Ubisoft has been pulling that shit recently too, unfortunately.

And as much as I'd like mandatory online to go, if you think EA of all companies gives the slightest shit was people want, you're wrong. That corporation is atrocious.

This x 100000

EA has destroyed and will continue to destroy games and their companies. Prime example: Bioware.
Sail upon the open skies
This is why I choose not to play EA games. If I played one and got addicted to it then I would feel disdain towards EA, and who would that help? Nobody, so the only solution is, we press EA for Mercenaries 3.
Page 1 of 3