Hey there you lovely people, doing a talent show at my school in a few weeks with a drummer, myself( guitar ) and a guitar/ vocalist

I need one or two lovely well known crowd pleaser's !

Most likely acoustic guitars as well, any advice and idea's would be brilliant

thanks
There was a wonderful period for music in our history called the 80's that is full of what you are looking for.

Seriously though, crowd pleasing acoustic songs are what paid for my favorite bands' coke addictions since the good songs didn't make them any money
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by IWasMaiden93
There was a wonderful period for music in our history called the 80's that is full of what you are looking for.

Seriously though, crowd pleasing acoustic songs are what paid for my favorite bands' coke addictions since the good songs didn't make them any money

so true mate cheers,

(other posts ) less of the metal please thanks
Quote by Massie101
so true mate cheers,

(other posts ) less of the metal please thanks

I think the Cannibal Corpse wasn't a real suggestion, but would love to see an arrangement done acoustically lol

Heaven, Every Rose, Wanted Dead or Alive, Fly To The Angels, Hysteria, etc are all great ones, but if you're in high school I don't know if that will fly as well as I'd hope... I remember being the only kid in school a few years ago who had a Crue shirt, but I'm sure your classmates will at least recognize a few of those... Hopefully...
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Hey there Delilah.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I would normally say why care about people in school.

I suppose something by Lostprophets, they seemed to please underage girls.
Quote by Nero Galon

nah mate not conforming to what people like just well known songs so were not up there and the crowd dunno the song haha !

Good suggestions cheers
Quote by Massie101
nah mate not conforming to what people like just well known songs so were not up there and the crowd dunno the song haha !

Good suggestions cheers

Yeah I understand what you mean, and I was joking before.

Maybe something like Rock the Casbah - The Clash, everyone knows that surely.

RHCP are a good option. Snow (Hey Oh) is easy to play and looks/sounds impressive too, Californiacation, Can't Stop are very well known and fun.
Honestly man even though it's definitely not my favorite song, though it is my favorite band, Should I Stay or Should I Go? or maybe Blitzkrieg Bop. That's only if you're looking for more of an upbeat kinda punky song. Nothing to upset the parental units but you still get to be rocking. Or you could play Kick Out the Jams by MC5 or Too Drunk To F*** by Dead Kennedy's. That is if you don't mind suspension and a stern talking to. Hope this helped man.
There's a conflict, you see. A conflict between the land and the people, and the people gotta go.
Quote by whywefight
Cafo

Quote by captainsnazz
He said they have a vocalist too though.

So Bleed.

These two posts combined create the Super Gaylord, featuring multiple penises touching each other at all times.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Nero Galon

I see what you did there

Seriously though- Never gonna give you up. No one will expect it!
Play some Zelliack.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Freebird.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by blake1221
That guy from House of Pain?

Yep. Don't care for any of his music but that songs alright.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by blake1221
If we're talking acousticy mainstream songs from that time, I'd lend it over to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-oh-tP6RvA

True, that would be a good choice. I don't know anybody who doesn't know that song.

I don't think this one would be a bad choice either, although it be a little bit "darker" than that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg-HZd4Lb2Q

edit: I think actually there's a UGer here that was in (or still might be in) Days of New. I want to say Primusfan but i dunno...
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 7, 2013,
Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper. ****ING DO IT
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by silhouettica
Play some Zelliack.

Holy shit. Someone who knows of Zelliack.

OT: Wonderwall
Last edited by morallygray at Mar 7, 2013,
Get a bassist or keyboard player and put a synth bass on or something first.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
fast car tracy chapman
followed by africe by toto
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by Ometh
These two posts combined create the Super Gaylord, featuring multiple penises touching each other at all times.

not going to disagree hahaha

Thanks for all the idea's (most of you) show is soon enough wish me luck xD