Hey folks,

Was just looking at these guitars and noticed they are dirt cheap. They are mohangany so I'm curious as to why they are so cheap.

Are they garbage?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Yeah, I'm looking at the prices wondering..... What the? My mg-44 was way more expensive.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
fwiw the one i had was a MIK guitar, and it was quite nice.

the idols that are MIA are very nice guitars.

i've never tried the MG-44.
The MG-44 is nice. That's why I am looking at the Idols. Thought about getting an Epiphone LP tribute, which has really nice pickups. But I am starting to wonder if Epiphones are becoming a name with all these signature artists and you are starting to pay for that. They are going up.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Say what you want about Epis, I'm seeing more and more pros using them, sometimes preferentially,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Say what you want about Epis, I'm seeing more and more pros using them, sometimes preferentially,

I'm pro Epi. I think they are underrated. I just want to know if the Idols are worth looking at.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Idols are definitely worth looking at. I'm a total Washburn ***** at this point, but they're fantastic guitars as long as you're willing to shell out the cash. They're just like any brand really. The higher pricepoint means a higher quality generally speaking; the US ones are to DIE for.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I think the fit and finish is as good or better on the WI64 than on pretty much any Epi model. I think one reason the WI isn't more popular is that it doesn't sound thick or fat like a LP or SG. Mine sounded more like a Toronado or an Ibanez Talman which are bolt-on, alder (IIRC) body instruments with humbuckers. So it sounded nice but not at all like what I think the specs might lead you to believe. It's not thick and it's not fat in the way that you might expect a set-neck, mahogany body guitar to sound. The VCC thing made it sound more like a tele.

So if you want a guitar that plays like a nice Epi and sounds like a nice Fender, yes, great guitar, and a steal for 250. If you were hoping for a nicer version of a Gibson product, there are better options.

I did play some artist signature version at one point. I didn't have a clue who the artist was, but the guitar was a full thickness like a LP instead of the much thinner 64, and it had EMGs and an ebony neck. That one was great, very very nice guitar. Much closer to an LP.
That's what I am looking for. Thanks
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10