So I pretty uneducated when it comes to the order pedals should be placed. So I have the following pedals: boss ns-2 noise suppressor, bf-3 flanger, boss d&d-20 delay, and a digitech rp-150 multi effects pedal. I'm trying to eliminate a lot of the noise from my amp with ns-2 but I don't think I have the order of everything right. Thus I'm reaching out to this forum for your wisdom and advice haha. Thanks for your time and help!
I don't think so. It's a fender 212r and it has foot switch, pre out, and power in inputs.
Guitar->flanger->multi effects-> noise suppressor->delay->amp flanger and multi effects are interchangable but if the multi effects is your tuner put that first
Oh man help me with mine to!

this is how i have it now in order: Guitar> Digi Chorus>AD9 Delay>TS9>Wah>Amp.

I have an effects loop but i use it as a master volume for home use and i like having less cables to F with because im lazy! Thanks!
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
Quote by bburritt1
Oh man help me with mine to!

this is how i have it now in order: Guitar> Digi Chorus>AD9 Delay>TS9>Wah>Amp.

I have an effects loop but i use it as a master volume for home use and i like having less cables to F with because im lazy! Thanks!

Guitar>TS9>Wah>Chorus>Delay>Amp

others prefer wah in front of overdrive, try both.
Quote by Rogue Priest
I don't think so. It's a fender 212r and it has foot switch, pre out, and power in inputs.

It does, pre out and pwr in are your effects loop (you can use them for other things as well though).

PRE OUT goes to the input of your pedal, the output of your pedal goes back to PWR IN.

That said:
Do you want your flanger in front, or in the loop? I prefer it in the loop, but a lot of people like it in front as well.
I'd get the NS-2 in X-Pattern.

Delay definitely in the loop.
As far as the RP150 goes: can you wire it up so that you have your distortion models in front of the amp and have the modulation in the loop? If yes, do that. If not, choose whatever you need and/or use most. If you use both or only the distortions models, get it in front. If you use the modulation only, get it in the loop.
TS, what are you using for any distorted tones? And how distorted are those tones? I ask because the reason folks are saying to use your FX loop is because it's usually best to have some effects before your distortion, and and some after.

So, if you are using the distortions on the RP150 (as I assume you are), then you might try:

flanger > RP150 > NS-2 (x-pattern) > DD-20 > amp input

Probably use the amp's reverb instead of any reverb on the RP150 and try having the flanger up front, or right after the RP150 (up front for Van Halen stuff). Also, if there's excessive noise from the DD-20 (there shouldn't be) you could put it before the NS-2.

@bburritt

Quote by Andalus
Guitar>TS9>Wah>Chorus>Delay>Amp

others prefer wah in front of overdrive, try both.

+1
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Last edited by Deadpool_25 at Mar 7, 2013,