Hello all,

I'm tossing ideas around in my head for a guitar project in the future and was contemplating a tremolo. I have a Fender Strat with one, but I don't use it much as I've never really mastered grabbing the bar, but I do enjoy using it when I get it right.
Anyway, I've come up with an idea for an "easier" tremolo, but I'm not sure how feasible it will be. The bridge will be similar to a Bigsby style, but instead of a bar, it will look more like a bridge cover, like the old Tele's or P-Basses have.
In that style, I'll be able to play like I normally do, and when I want to bend, it will be similar to palm muting. I don't plan on it being a floating bridge, as that seems very impractical. How feasible is this idea and is there anything similar already on the market?
The Ibanez K7 came with a floating trem and a bar that used a similar principle.


I never played one so im not sure how well it works. One thing I would mention is that the shorter you make the lever, the more force you will need to operate it so it might get a bit tricky to use.
That's pretty close to what I'm looking for. I had a little more traditional style in mind, but that's a great start. Thanks.