So I'm buying my first tube amp and I'm really excited. I have one guy who is willing to sell me the Egnater Tweaker half stack with the matching cab for 400, and another guy who wants to sell me the head and a Valve Junior cab with a WGS Green Beret in it. I have no idea which to choose. What do you guys think is the better deal? I like to play just about everything and I really want something versatile which is why I chose the Tweaker in the first place.
amp? tweaker

personally, i think the cabs are semi equal. im a huge WGS fanboy but the tweaker should have a celestion in it.

personally i feel like egnater > epiphone.

imo i think the tweaker option is winning all around. you never said the price on the valve junior.

because its your first tuber, it may not be a big deal, and the tweaker sounds good, but with a simple preamp tube swap it gets better!

i love my tweaker 40.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I would personally take the Valve Junior cab, I was not as impressed with the Egnater cab when I tried one out. I have virtually no knowledge about speakers though, so maybe someone more versed in that aspect can answer.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by ikey_
amp? tweaker

personally, i think the cabs are semi equal. im a huge WGS fanboy but the tweaker should have a celestion in it.

personally i feel like egnater > epiphone.

imo i think the tweaker option is winning all around. you never said the price on the valve junior.

because its your first tuber, it may not be a big deal, and the tweaker sounds good, but with a simple preamp tube swap it gets better!

i love my tweaker 40.

I can get either cab with the head for 400. I'll definitely consider doing the tube swap down the road. Thanks for the input!
Last edited by brandond6 at Mar 7, 2013,
well....yeah perhaps a person might like a greenback tone. i personally have a EGS reaper which is a clone of a g12H30....what is in the tweaker. it does sound good with the amp. i suppose it must or egnater wouldnt put it in thier cabs.

however, i take it this isnt a mix and match deal is it? if it is all or nothing? i say take the tweaker.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)