Hi!
First, i know this is being asked A LOT, but...
I want to know how to do it in almost every song i already know, not learn them again piece by piece...
Its pretty hard to me to coordinate even simple strumming patterns, but the hardest is chords changes
and rythm (i love green day) i can do basket case because its a fast downpicking rythm with some chord changes, but i cant do when i come around without speeding everything up. do you know any excercise or something like that to practice coordination?
THANKS!

BTW First Thread! im 14
Last edited by Sherman729 at Mar 7, 2013,
You're the OP, you don't get to say 1st post. It's the 1st reply, which is not me.

You might want to check out the Guitar Techniques sub-forum. They could help you alot better than The Pit.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
If you think singing and playing Green Day at the same time is hard, I got news for ya...
Check out my band Disturbed
Practice it daily (with occasional skipped day).

Practice with the song playing, practice without the song playing.
Practice with lyrics in front of you, practice without lyrics in front of you.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It all comes down to practice.

The only tip I could give you is to keep singing, even if you mess up your strum pattern or chord change. Stopping every time you make an error breaks your concentration and flow.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by StewieSwan
If you think singing and playing Green Day at the same time is hard, I got news for ya...

i know there are harder ones, but im just starting out, we made a 2 man band (guitar and drums) and its f*cking hard to find a serious singer or bassist here... thats why whe focus on easy stuff
Quote by jjfeu662
You're the OP, you don't get to say 1st post. It's the 1st reply, which is not me.

You might want to check out the Guitar Techniques sub-forum. They could help you alot better than The Pit.

yap, your right, i wanted to say "im new"
Ok, ill check out there
Quote by Sherman729
yap, your right, i wanted to say "im new"
Ok, ill check out there

That makes more sense.

Good luck on your search. I'm not sure what GT's like anymore.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Just keep practicing. You'll eventually find the groove.

/genericadvice
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Start by just singing over the chord changes. Like, don't actually play the song how it is, just play each chord in time with the chord changes in the song while trying to sing over it. When you get comfortable with that, work your way up to actually playing the song how it is while singing it. It'll probably be easier if you can start slow and work your way up.

And important tip is to know which words fall on which beat. If you can do that you can kinda string everything together in between. You eventually stop thinking of them as spoken words and it starts feeling like noisy movements in time with what your arms are doing.

Just take it slow and keep practicing.
Quote by jetfuel495
Start by just singing over the chord changes. Like, don't actually play the song how it is, just play each chord in time with the chord changes in the song while trying to sing over it. When you get comfortable with that, work your way up to actually playing the song how it is while singing it. It'll probably be easier if you can start slow and work your way up.

And important tip is to know which words fall on which beat. If you can do that you can kinda string everything together in between. You eventually stop thinking of them as spoken words and it starts feeling like noisy movements in time with what your arms are doing.

Just take it slow and keep practicing.

Ill try, thanks!
Oh, and can i change my pickups just cuting the old wires and tape (or solder) the new ones?
Before creating you first post, be sure to read the forum descriptions to ensure that you don't create a thread in entirely the wrong forum. This topic does not go in The Pit.
Musicianship questions go in Musicians Talk, specific technical problems go in Guitar Techniques, equipment related queries go in the relevant forum (Electric guitar, GG&A etc).
Last edited by Hydra150 at Mar 7, 2013,
Sure, this place will answer your questions, but the ratio of stupid to insightful answers will be much worse than doing it in the correct forum, and you will always get that one guy (usually called 'Hydra' something) who complains about it.
Quote by Holy Katana

Ok, youre probably right... But some people actually recomend it
It was in this thread where ChucklesMginty tried to force a meme based on Foul Bachelor Frog, and I made a few mocking some stereotypical responses you might hear in GG&A, and it just sorta exploded.

It won't die, unlike UREH UREH UREH/Vincent745, which did, eventually.
Sometimes I have conversations with people while picking Foggy Mountain Breakdown up in the mid 300s. Just play nothing but straight 8th notes and it's easy enough to do both at the same time.

Quote by blake1221

Was it supposed to sound like he got all of the notes wrong?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.