Ok?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
We need more information. Are you looking to buy this guitar? What music do you play? What is your budget? What tone do you want? What amp are you playing through? I mean idk the guitar looks to be a decent lower end Gibson Les Paul, that's all I can offer at this point. Even if I thought it was the best guitar in the world it may not work for you and your style.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
Last edited by DylanHendrix at Mar 7, 2013,
I play funk, jazz, blues, alt rock, stoner and sludge. I'm already getting an SG Standard but maybe I'll get a LP after that. I'm a pretty versatile musician but I'm new on Gibson.

Gear is on my sig, I use mainly my RA and my Laney, god I love those amps!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
No one?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
as with all gibsons, you have to take the time to play a lot of them until you find one that's right for you.

Seems like the model you're looking at would be a solid choice for the styles of music you want to play, though. Just try as many of them as you can before you hand over any cash
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Good, but not worth $1149. You can get a better Korean guitar for a lot less money. Hell, for $1149 you can get two great used Korean guitars with matching cases.

Also, you can pick up a 2012 model with humbuckers and a baked maple fretboard for under $700 on Craigslist because Gibson blew them out for $599 in November.
Last edited by jpnyc at Mar 12, 2013,
Quote by jpnyc
Good, but not worth $1149. You can get a better Korean guitar for a lot less money.

MSRP is meaningless.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
MSRP is meaningless.

$1149 is street price. MSRP is $1749.
Quote by jpnyc
$1149 is street price. MSRP is $1749.

£750 still isn't that much money for a guitar like that, man (I bet you can get the guitar for even less if you shop around). It is going to be a better quality guitar construction-wise than something like a PRS SE.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 12, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It is going to be a better quality guitar construction-wise than something like a PRS SE.

No it isn’t. I bought a Les Paul Studio Tribute series guitar last year. It’s a nice guitar, but it’s Americans don’t have some magic ability to construct a better guitar than Koreans do. The finishes on the LP studio models are prone to minor flaws and the fretboards are visibly narrower than the necks. The fretboard edges need to be rolled, and the frets on studios still need work as they come with fairly rough ends and needing a lot more polishing. A good Korean guitar will have all of that done at the factory.

The amazing construction of Gibson guitars is a myth that was bought with a lot of advertising money. I’m not saying Gibson doesn’t make good guitars, just that there a lot better guitars for the same price.
Quote by jpnyc
No it isn’t. I bought a Les Paul Studio Tribute series guitar last year. It’s a nice guitar, but it’s Americans don’t have some magic ability to construct a better guitar than Koreans do. The finishes on the LP studio models are prone to minor flaws and the fretboards are visibly narrower than the necks. The fretboard edges need to be rolled, and the frets on studios still need work as they come with fairly rough ends and needing a lot more polishing. A good Korean guitar will have all of that done at the factory.

The amazing construction of Gibson guitars is a myth that was bought with a lot of advertising money. I’m not saying Gibson doesn’t make good guitars, just that there a lot better guitars for the same price.

The fingerboards on Les Pauls have never been rolled from the factory, it's just not the way LP's are made.

Also, all Gibsons are PLEK'd at the factory. So chances are that if you're getting fret buzz on your studio, it is probably due to a bad setup or worn frets. If you have sharp fret edges, oiling the fingerboard will probably fix that.

You simply cannot judge an entire brand on one guitar. It just doesn't work like that, and especially not with Gibson.

It isn't that i don't think your opinion is irrelevant, i just haven't had those bad experiences with Gibsons before.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 12, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Also, all Gibsons are PLEK'd at the factory. So chances are that if you're getting fret buzz on your studio, it is probably due to a bad setup or worn frets. If you have sharp fret edges, oiling the fingerboard will probably fix that.

A PLEK job doesn’t finish the frets, it just levels them. They still need a lot of manual polishing afterward. The studios don’t get enough polishing. As for the ends, the problem isn’t that they stick out. It’s that they’re not rounded off, and on a less expensive Asian guitar, they are.
Not getting involved with the arguments, been there done that.

Only going to point out, the 'Korean' and even the expensive Indonesian guitars, are actually about £200-300 more expensive than these American built Les Paul's, so you should expect them to be finished better and even then.... They wont have as decent woods and anywhere near the similar residual value as one of these Gibsons.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb