aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Two Towers

inb4 element
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 7, 2013,
I dunno, but this one was the best:
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Maybe because it was the first, and I had such high expectations when it came out (which it mostly met), but Fellowship has always been my favorite.

They were all brilliant movies.
Two Towers
Fellowship
ROTK
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Return of the king was mind blowingly amazing the first time you saw it in a movie theater. Watching it at home for about the tenth time it's kind of a bore.

Fellowship gets my vote.
I hated ROTK because for all those years since ****ing third grade I waited to see The Scouring of the Shire and they ****ing cut it out. Seriously, I was so pumped for the last movie because I was finally going to see that play out in live action. Then they just went off to the Grey Havens and you don't even get to see Saruman die. What the shit Peter Jackson.

...So I guess The Two Towers.
Quote by Faux
I hated ROTK because for all those years since ****ing third grade I waited to see The Scouring of the Shire and they ****ing cut it out. Seriously, I was so pumped for the last movie because I was finally going to see that play out in live action. Then they just went off to the Grey Havens and you don't even get to see Saruman die. What the shit Peter Jackson.

Saruman dies in the extended versions. The clip is on youtube if you wanna see it.

OT: RotK gets my vote. The ending feels a little long, but when you consider that it's essentially wrapping up all three films as opposed to just one, it's not so bad.
Check out my band Disturbed
I loved ROTK because it had the most killing and stuff in it.

The elephant parts, the ghost people parts, all dat shit was coo'
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I dunno, but this one was the best:

Nice! Although I'm not a huge fan of that movie in particular Ralph Bakshi is possibly my favorite director of all time.

I think ROTK is probably the best because of reasons. But it's really hard to consider them not as a whole work. Similar to Kill Bill, they were filmed together and tell one story.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
ROTK. The.part where Theodin and the Rohirim do their chant and charge onto the orcs gives me a massive hard on every time I see it.
Quote by Faux

I hated that part and it would have worked even less in the movie. There were a lot of things that i wish they hadn't cut out but i definitely think this change was for the better.
return of the kadri hands down

the rest are all shit

Two Towers is so much better with the extended edition.

They all are, but that one benefits the most
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Fellowship

they're all great though
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
ROTK, it has the best fight scenes. Also the books ruined the two towers for me. It spends like 35 pages on Merry and Pippin talking with ents. Worst part of the trilogy.
ROTK had like no fight scenes. They copped out massively with the army of the dead. Minas Tirith was the biggest disappointment, especially compared to Helms Deep
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I think I like FOTR best because I enjoyed the story the most when I read it.

Pretty much everything that happens with Frodo and Sam got boring after the FOTR. That's not to say I don't still enjoy it, but compared to what everyone else is doing, their story really doesn't do it for me.
Fellowship has always been my favorite. It feels the most "adventurey." Also, it has the Balrog and Moria. I didn't like The Two Towers as much just due to all the Rohan shit. Rohan is so boring.

RTOK has my favorite LOTR scene though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

Watching that scene made me wonder wtf Peter Jacko was thinking throughout The Hobbit.
Fellowship for me, because the Mines of Moria (when the suit of armour[?] gets knocked down that well, and they all go silent and then hear the drum of the troll... and then it happens again... SO MUCH SUSPENSE. And yeah, the Balrog just after too) is incredibly haunting.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
the first one by far. the other two are okay.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Fellowship is a little slow to start, and Return of the King takes a little too long to end, so Two Towers I would say is the strongest film.

But they're all great.

Hobbit doesn't quite rise to the same level as the trilogy, but it's still a solid movie. I'm thinking the next two should be better too.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by iwannabesedated
Fellowship is a little slow to start, and Return of the King takes a little too long to end, so Two Towers I would say is the strongest film.

But they're all great.

Hobbit doesn't quite rise to the same level as the trilogy, but it's still a solid movie. I'm thinking the next two should be better too.

the slow start is what makes Fellowship so good. The battles and the fights are stuff I could easily be without in all three of these movies. Tolkien used like two pages to describe the battles and then back to the story and the characters. But somewhere you ahve to cater for the braindead masses who go to these movies to watch the fighting scenes.
Quote by TheChaz
RTOK has my favorite LOTR scene though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

Watching that scene made me wonder wtf Peter Jacko was thinking throughout The Hobbit.

The music that starts playing at 0:55 just sets the mood for that so well.

Hands down one of the best scenes out of all three movies.
ayy lmao
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
the slow start is what makes Fellowship so good. The battles and the fights are stuff I could easily be without in all three of these movies. Tolkien used like two pages to describe the battles and then back to the story and the characters. But somewhere you ahve to cater for the braindead masses who go to these movies to watch the fighting scenes.

To be fair, Tolkien took far too much time describing random bullshit if I remember the books correctly. I'd see fight scenes than know the exact layout of Bag Goddamn End.
Quote by TheChaz
To be fair, Tolkien took far too much time describing random bullshit if I remember the books correctly. I'd see fight scenes than know the exact layout of Bag Goddamn End.

I'd rather not. I can watch the Die Hard movies or some random junk if I wanna see fights.

I have little praise to give to scenes are drawn out and is just one big "look what we can do with our great effects and awesome budget!".
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I disagree, you have the big violent battles to give the story weight.

And what's wrong with a well directed action sequence?
Quote by iwannabesedated
I disagree, you have the big violent battles to give the story weight.

And what's wrong with a well directed action sequence?

they are pointless as shit as they take about 30 minutes and nothing else of worth happens. They are boring and mind numbing.

I've been fed with action scenes in every movie I've seen that comes from somewhere mainstream enough and it gets tedious after 3 minutes.

the running scene in Bilbo was so cringeworthy I wanted to die.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
they are pointless as shit as they take about 30 minutes and nothing else of worth happens. They are boring and mind numbing.

I've been fed with action scenes in every movie I've seen that comes from somewhere mainstream enough and it gets tedious after 3 minutes.

the running scene in Bilbo was so cringeworthy I wanted to die.

That's taste I guess. Personally, I enjoy the big battles as much as the story and characters. The story lacks weight without those visuals, and the battles are hollow without the strong story.

And yeah, the escaping from Goblin King thing wasn't great. The whole rock giant scene was completely unnecessary too.
Page 1 of 3