What's up guys, I'm looking at loop pedals right now and I was hoping to get some insight into which one would be best for what I wish to accomplish with it. I want to use it to layer different parts of guitar sounds manipulated to sound like different components of EDM to produce a sort of guitar dance music using a synth pedal, a distortion pedal, a volume pedal, a delay pedal, a talk box, and a looper. This is where I need help, as I'm wondering which pedal would fit these needs best. I'm not necessarily looking for something easy to use, though this would be a plus. Pretty much the more layers allowable and more customizable the better, and some cool built in effects along with it is always a plus. Right now I'm looking at the Digitech JamMan Delay and TC Electronic X4. Can anybody comment on these pedals, or recommend a better one possibly with more layers?
The Vox Delaylab is loaded with features and has options for layering. Worth checking out.
I SEE A BAD MOON RISING
I SEE TROUBLE ON THE WAY
Quote by T7E

This thing is way too expensive for what you get and it wont give you enough time for a whole set....

"8 minutes of recording time in mono or 4 minutes-plus in stereo, or drop it down to 24kHz but recording and plying at half speed (12kHz) and you can get a whopping 35 minutes of recording in mono and over 17 minutes in stereo."
Virtually all loopers support infinite layers. The more expensive loopers offer around 3 separate loops that are synchronized. Depends on what you are looking for. The Jamman are good for storage and the ext 3 button footswitch helps with switching loops.
Quote by 667
This thing is way too expensive for what you get and it wont give you enough time for a whole set....

"8 minutes of recording time in mono or 4 minutes-plus in stereo, or drop it down to 24kHz but recording and plying at half speed (12kHz) and you can get a whopping 35 minutes of recording in mono and over 17 minutes in stereo."

Good Point
I am no expert on loopers, just knew that one had balls of hype.

You can put a memory card in a stereo Jamman and have up to 19 hours of recordings, it would appear.
I think that looks like the best option. You could buy 2 for the price of the boomerang too.
yeah ditto doesnt have the bells...but its 130 and seems solid for a simple porpose.

however, it does seem like turning it off very quickly is an issue, as additional tapps are adding loops and you gotta hold down?

only way i would use this is to throw in into a bypass looper pedal or use an FX loop with an on /off footswitch.

when i want something off, i want it off NOW. none of this, hold down 2 seconds BS. my only gripe.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
TC Electronic ditto loop is the best one i was curious too about which one is best i have searched so much found a blog very gud info with comparison chart. you can read other too on bestlooperpedalreviews.com
Quote by nikyjackson87
TC Electronic ditto loop is the best one i was curious too about which one is best i have searched so much found a blog very gud info with comparison chart. you can read other too on bestlooperpedalreviews.com

stop posting in old threads
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate