So I've been thinking about a pedal design and i would like to know if it would be viable.

In a nut shell what I would like to build is a 5 band eq pedal with a volume boost. which when you stomp on can also be used as a foot switch channel changer for my amp. That way I can go from a nicely EQ'd clean sound from my amp to a externally EQ'd distortion, with the means there to crank the volume up or down for more or less compression, (clean boost styly.)

My questions are, is it possible to do a single footswitch that can turn on an eq at the same time as changing amp channels, Ill carry this on a bit with more details.

Gotta shoot
Assuming you know how to do the 5 Band EQ with boost, adding the channel switching to the same button is easy. Assuming the schematic uses a DPDT switch just replace it with a 3PDT, wire up two of the poles like you would have with the DPDT and wire the third like you would a channel switch (just have it break the circuit when it's off).
The hardest part of this will likely be finding a simple enough 5 band EQ schematic (I've had no luck finding anything simple past a 3 band tonestack).
Quote by chatterbox272
Assuming you know how to do the 5 Band EQ with boost, adding the channel switching to the same button is easy. Assuming the schematic uses a DPDT switch just replace it with a 3PDT, wire up two of the poles like you would have with the DPDT and wire the third like you would a channel switch (just have it break the circuit when it's off).
The hardest part of this will likely be finding a simple enough 5 band EQ schematic (I've had no luck finding anything simple past a 3 band tonestack).

What He Said haha, cause his answer is way better than myne
Yes this can be done. I wouldn't waste time making the 5 band graphic part.

Just use a pre made 5 band EQ pedal, pull its guts out, mod it and get a new case, or mod the existing case to suit
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Prolly be better ripping out on of the boss 7 bands and expanding on that you reckon? Does the boss do everything I want apart from the channel switch?
Quote by The Locust
Prolly be better ripping out on of the boss 7 bands and expanding on that you reckon? Does the boss do everything I want apart from the channel switch?

Yeah probably. It has the 7 band sliders and another slider for the volume cut / boost on board which you want.

You'de only need to figure out the footswitch mods needed for the channel change part
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
i feel like it would be easier to buy a 6 band eq such as the mxr one, and then add an external switching circuit. essentially you would be building a looper pedal that also adds a boost controll and has control for your footswitch. that would be very easy to do, and it wouldnt require ripping apart a pedal.