I risked an expired tomato and cheese soup last night... I regret that now.

Could have been worse but to add insult to injury, my milk could have been fresher/in date too.

Edit: I BLAME THE DAIRY! *Waves fist in air.

Have you?
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 8, 2013,
Food isn't in my cupboard/fridge/whatever long enough to go out of date
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by treborillusion

Edit: I BLAME THE DIARY! *Waves fist in air.

Have you?

What's the diary got to do with it?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I'll eat stuff that's past it's 'best before' date, assuming there's nothing obviously wrong with it.

Never anything that's past its 'use by' date though.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by slash_GNR666
Food isn't in my cupboard/fridge/whatever long enough to go out of date

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Smokey Amp

Personal then, I guess, IDK... One time, me and my friend were walking from town back home, this was many years ago. Came across a trolley outside the shop and, were drunk; the trolley/wrack thing with a lock that had milk, we were young; we helped ourselves and, it was expired and the next day I was 'sick as a dog'.
Only now, in 2013 at the ripe old age of 26 do I do risk drinking expired milk again.

Damn expired out of date milk & cheese.... Damn cheese. The cheese was a month past, and I heated it really good to compensate, and the date on the milk that didn't smell so bad (1% fat milk) was 2 days expired.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by treborillusion
Personal then, I guess, IDK... One time, me and my friend were walking from town back home, this was many years ago. Came across a trolley outside the shop and, were drunk; the trolley/wrack thing with a lock that had milk, we were young; we helped ourselves and, it was expired and the next day I was 'sick as a dog'.
Only now, in 2013 at the ripe old age of 26 do I do that again.

Damn expired out of date milk & cheese.... Damn cheese. The cheese was a month old, and I heated it really good to compensate, and the date on the milk that didn't smell so bad (1% fat milk) was 2 days expired.

You could've at least Bel-Air'd me, man. At the very least.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It's possible that food in Croydon just sucks.

Oh are we not doing that anymore?
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by TheTee56
It's possible that food in Croydon just sucks.

Unless it's horse meat, it's fine, if you consume it with in time and keep it stored right...

I didn't want to waste my money.
Thank God I've got the NHS though and no job, sometimes.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I've drank a crate of Fosters 3 months after it expired. Surprisingly didn't taste much worse than Fosters usually does.

I always freeze food before it goes off anyway, and I don't drink milk or anything, so I barely ever have the problem.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I risked some refigerated chicken 3 days after it was cooked. Seems fine.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
i ate buttloads of popcorn and then i ate some expired food

and then i puked buttloads of popcorn

wouldnt recommend it
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Once I drank some bad milk.. I threw up blood.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Most food i buy is reduced stuf expiring that day. Dont eat much dairy so its not a problem for me. I don't usually eat stuff more than 5 days out of date though. If it looks and smells ok then it don't bother me when the expiration was, plus you save a lot of money
Last week after finishing a Powerade, I looked at the bottle to find that the expiry date was October last year...
One time, i ate some meatballs, and i'm not sure if they had been open for too long, or if i just undercooked them a little, but they made me sick for the whole of the next day, it was horrible. I had trouble just looking at meatballs for a while after that, but now i can eat them.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
People worry far too much about sell by and use by dates. Just look at the food itself and see if it looks and smells fine. People throw away a ridiculous amount of food that is fine to eat because they're so strict with best before dates. It's just a guide, not an order, and mainly for the people selling it to cover themselves in case it's off. I've eaten fish, meat, and dairy all days out of date and been fine.

You should not eat food because it actually is off, not just because the packaging says you shouldn't eat it.
Quote by Smokey Amp

I thought the pit was his diary.
REGGIE
Quote by Sampy
I'll eat stuff that's past it's 'best before' date, assuming there's nothing obviously wrong with it.

Never anything that's past its 'use by' date though.

I'll do both. Supermarkets have to make an early estimate of a use by date so they don't get sued/have to give out refunds. I've drank milk a few days out of "use by" that's been perfectly fine. Same with cream and other dairy products. Heaps of stuff with preservatives and/or lots of sugar and salt will last months longer than the "best before" date as well. Unless you're a ****** it's pretty easy to tell when something is actually "out of date."

Obvious exceptions are chicken (which isn't always obvious and can kill you) and sometimes veggies and fruits which look fine on the surface bit are rotting on the inside.

Quote by grantjames
Random fact: All crisp packets in the UK go off on a Saturday. Tis true! Check it!

That's because they'd last forever if they never got opened and the manufacturers just approximate it. That date must just be an approximate time that the glue holding the packet together starts letting air in.

(This is speculation.)

Quote by ProphetToJables

I do that all the time. Chicken lasts a lot longer cooked than it does raw.

Quote by durhamdynamo
I've drank a crate of Fosters 3 months after it expired. Surprisingly didn't taste much worse than Fosters usually does.

I always freeze food before it goes off anyway, and I don't drink milk or anything, so I barely ever have the problem.

Beer is pretty hard to spoil unless it's in a clear glass and you leave it in the sun.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by donender
One time, i ate some meatballs, and i'm not sure if they had been open for too long, or if i just undercooked them a little, but they made me sick for the whole of the next day, it was horrible. I had trouble just looking at meatballs for a while after that, but now i can eat them.

Exact same situation here. I couldn't stand the smell or look for about half a year. Diarrhea, throwing up, mild fever. I've been very anal about cooking food since.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I ate some hotdogs that were a few months expired. They had turned a bit greyish, but there was no effect whatsoever. I need to stop eating garbage.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
No wonder people are dying so young nowadays. You all eat expired food!
Sail upon the open skies
One of my main tasks at work is checking the expiration dates on foods (and occasionally other items, such as toothpaste). From what I have learned, certain foods don't necessarily get worse right away. Example being, if you were to eat some goldfish a day after the "best by..." date, they might be a little stale at most. Milk, on the other hand, you want to try to consume well before the date, because that can mess with your digestive system

Me, I've eaten some foods beyond the date. Some foods it really makes no difference, others I don't take the chance on. Bread and Dairy in particular I try not to let expire
Quote by Butt Rayge
That's because they'd last forever if they never got opened and the manufacturers just approximate it. That date must just be an approximate time that the glue holding the packet together starts letting air in.

(This is speculation.)

That wouldn't explain why it's always saturdays though (assuming it is).

If they were estimating that I'd assume they'd just go a standard number of days from sealing.

Quote by ProphetToJables

Also I've just realised what this said. People think cooked chicken that has been in the fridge for three days is a risk? Christ people are more neurotic about this than I thought...
Quote by MadClownDisease
That wouldn't explain why it's always saturdays though (assuming it is).

If they were estimating that I'd assume they'd just go a standard number of days from sealing.

It's not always a Saturday, I can tell you this for a fact.

As far as packaging, that might make sense for items that don't really go bad. I can see some items as just going stale, but not really "bad"
i used to work with a guy who ate 6 month old expired yoghurt...everyday, he just bought it fresh and kept it in his garage. it smelled horrible and had a green colour. it was really one of the most gross things i ever saw. but he never was sick from it.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
my job is to stop out of date stuff being sold. you should employ me to live in your fridge.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP