We all know of this epic saga

Which book/movie is most epic?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Surely this has happened before.

Surely...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
The unwritten one where Voldermort comes back, kills Harry and the ginger one then runs off with Hermoine because she has a fetish for noseless faces.
Prisoner of Azkaban
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
3rd and 7th are probably the best for both the books and the movies.

The movies pretty much blow though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by Blayney
Azkaban. Sirius ****ing Black.

Gary ****ing Oldman.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
3rd book. Last 3 movies.

the two first movies are a joke overall but they are the most loyal to the books. And the three first books are my favourite ones.

They almost always leave out the middle sections of the books, which I usually enjoy reading the most.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Not a huge fan of the films.

Parts of them just seem overly childish, particularly the earlier ones. There are blatant rip-offs from LOTR, even on things as basic as character names.

In Goblet of Fire, the first half hour is the characters preparing for this awesome giant Quidditch match. It get's right up until the game starts and then... CUT... next scene: "Oh Harry that sure was a fabulous game of Quidditch!" Could they not afford to film it or what?

Anyway, of the ones I have seen I would say Azkaban is the best, followed by Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and then Goblet of Fire. All four of them are around a 6 out of ten for me though. Haven't seen any of the others.
Quote by Random3
Not a huge fan of the films.

Parts of them just seem overly childish, particularly the earlier ones. There are blatant rip-offs from LOTR, even on things as basic as character names.

Probably because they are kids and its a kids book?

I personally think the films are very close to the books. They did a pretty good job of picking all the relevant parts.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

They almost always leave out the middle sections of the books, which I usually enjoy reading the most.

This so much

The fourth movie sucked soooo much

I don't understand how people liked it, especially if they liked the book.

The movie is basically; long beginning (skip awesome Quddich match that it has been building up to, barely show the Death Eater stuff that make this whole part relevant), introduce new schools in gayest way possible, DRAGONS!!, 14 hours of the Yule Ball with the most goddamn gay music scenes ever, "lol, Harry is in a bathtub", MERMAIDS!!!, Harry Potter and the underwhelming maze, VOLDEMORT (which was great I'll say)

It cut out all the little stuff that made the book so good
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
order of the phoenix obviously
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The one where Hermione turns turns Harry and Ron into spoons just like what Ashley from WarioWare did to her teacher, and then she sticks the spoons into her vagina. One time I saw a picture of Ashley masturbating with her teacher spoon. It was weird. But that would make for a very strange read if it was involving these guys.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Patrick, you always overestimate how much time they spend on the Yule Ball in the movie. They don't spend too much time on it at all considering it got a whole chapter in the book.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Patrick, you always overestimate how much time they spend on the Yule Ball in the movie. They don't spend too much time on it at all considering it got a whole chapter in the book.

I'm just in a bad mood

But seriously, in the book, that chapter was so long because most of it was spent Harry and Ron avoiding everyone and finding out Hagrid was part giant and stuffs. IDK, that part just bothers me. It's so corny. I think it came across better in the books because they are only supposed to be 14 and everything is so awkward then which is how the book portrayed it. It didn't work in the movies since they were all around 18 by then.

Also, I have way to strong of opinions on children's books
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by leony03
Probably because they are kids and its a kids book?

Yeah but at the same time I feel generally the quality of the films improved the more the mature themes were introduced. I haven't read all of the book so I don't know if it has as much of a contrast as the films do, but as the characters grow up the tone becomes a lot darker, not to mention their acting skills improve.
Quote by WCPhils
This so much

The fourth movies sucked soooo much

I don't understand how people liked it, especially if they liked the book.

The movie is basically; long beginning (skip awesome Quddich match that it has been building up to, barely show the Death Eater stuff that make this whole part relevant), introduce new schools in gayest way possible, DRAGONS!!, 14 hours of the Yule Ball with the most goddamn gay music scenes ever, "lol, Harry is in a bathtub", MERMAIDS!!!, Harry Potter and the underwhelming maze, VOLDEMORT (which was great I'll say)

It cut out all the little stuff that made the book so good

lol
"You know what this movie needs? That guy from Pulp."
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
ah yes, the movies.

the goddamn movies
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The Deathly Hallows (both parts) are my favourite films in the series. Prisoner of Azkaban and The Half-blood Prince follow behind.
Quote by leony03
Gary ****ing Oldman.

I rated them based on the books. But yes.

If I rated based on the movies it would be deathly hallows part 1.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Random3
Yeah but at the same time I feel generally the quality of the films improved the more the mature themes were introduced. I haven't read all of the book so I don't know if it has as much of a contrast as the films do, but as the characters grow up the tone becomes a lot darker, not to mention their acting skills improve.

It all correlates to the books. They get a tonne darker as it goes on. I think they got the themes and atmospheres perfect. The first two are on the same sort of level but then the Prisoner Of Azkaban goes pretty dark and it carries on from there. But yeah, the acting definitely improved. Daniel Radcliffe was still the worst though haha.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by Blayney
I rated them based on the books. But yes.

If I rated based on the movies it would be deathly hallows part 1.

I just felt like saying it I rated it on the book as well.

Quote by angusfan16
Went to see the 4th film w mah peeps, was surprised to find out I actually enjoyed the experience. But then going back to see the first 2 movies = major drag. Watching that 11yo version of Emma Watson for 5 hours straight can really take the life out of you

Then there's the last two parts which sucked major balls. I admit it must be pretty hard for writers to prevent their stories from becoming more self-indulgent than the average Christopher Nolan movie after seven books, but for the love of Gandalf you can't take a story starring a bunch of wand-waving, broomstick riding high school kids (who pbbly haven't even had sex yet) too seriously. Yet that's exactly what they did: bringing back plot points from like 5 books ago, no more jokes, lame "final showdowns"...

I honestly only enjoyed the in-between movies

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by shwilly
Yet that's exactly what they did: bringing back plot points from like 5 books ago,

What would be the point of the first ones if they had no relevance on the final few
___

Quote by The_Blode
For me its got to be Azkaban for the best book, and maybe for the film though i the last 2 were great as well. Surprised Warner Bros havent tried to reboot it in a "dark and realistic" manner yet, they seem to enjoy doing that with films these days.
As for books, the Goblet of Fire, tied in first place with the Deathly Hallows.
As for movies, the Deathly Hallows. Both parts. Just because it's two parts. More HP books deserved such treatment.
Now this is the story all about how,
My life got flipped, turned upside down,
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there,
I'll tell you how I became a famous wizard of Britain

In Godric's Hollow I was born and raised
In a crib is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,
And all oblivious I was goin' to wizarding school.

When a some dark guy who was up to no good,
Started killin' people in my neighborhood.
I survived one little fight an while my mom was clinging,
Said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Little Whinging."

I heard a motorcycle, and when it came near,
I said "fuck" because it was gigantic.
If anything I could say that this shit was live,
But I thought "Nah forget it, Yo home to Privat Drive."

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and I yelled to Hagrid "Yo homes, smell ya later."
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,
Then I got married to Ginny and had three children named Lily, James, and Albus Severus on pages 753-759.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Showiddlydiddly
Terry Pratchett.

terry pratchett is not a harry potter book what are you talking about
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
terry pratchett is not a harry potter book what are you talking about

Terry and Harry are close enough

Pratchett and Potter are close enough

therefore they are close enough
I like the first one, where he meets the Phantom Stranger, Constatine, Doctor Occult and Mister E. His meeting with Zatanna is also pretty awesome! What comes after that is also cool, but not as much as the beginning.
Page 1 of 2