Right, this isn't the usual what pedal goes where thread, something a bit different.

Basically, my amp has an effects loop that is supposed to be switchable, and it controls the reverb too. When I turn the reverb up with no pedals in the loop, it'll go from off to on as I please. However, when I introduce pedals to the loop, the reverb still goes off but the effect from the pedal still remains.

Just wondering if this is a fault, or if it's meant to be like this? Thanks!
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Right! Well I've got a valveking & on the foot switch I have two buttons. One called Channel/Loop & one called Boost.

Although it's called Channel/Loop it only changes the channel & not the effects loop. I've heard it because it can engage the effects loop on other peavey amps.

Maybe this is the case with your Randall?
on my footswitch, there's channel, gain to switch between the 2 gain modes on the OD channel, clean boost for the clean channel, and FX/Reverb to switch the reverb and effects loop

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Maybe the pedal only turns on/off the reverb on your amp & not the effects loop.

Does it work with the reverb off?
everything works fine, it's just the effects loop never seems to close whenever i press the footswitch, and loop/reverb is always on if the footswitch isn't plugged in

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I wonder if the footswitch is just a generic randall footswitch. Like it changes the reverb or the loop depending on what the amp features are. I think, for your amp, it just changes the reverb on and off. The loop will always be active if you have pedals plugged into it.