Hi all,

I'm getting a MacBook Air and am wondering if I can transfer pro tools from my MacBook Pro?
Do you have an installer file or an installation disk with Pro Tools on it? If so, transfer that over or pop the disk in the Air.

If not, you can't just transfer the files on your Pro and expect it to work. (Basically, the Air would recognize there were files wherever you put them, but it would have no idea what to do with said files. They'd be useless without an installer file or an installation disk.)
If you have an Avid account (which you should if its a legit copy) you can download the Pro Tools installer from your account online.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by kyle62
Ugh, my two least favourite things in the world!

Which version of PT do you have?

Yes, not gonna be fun!

I have Pro Tools 8 LE using an mbox 2 pro. Lost the disc since I got pro tools like 5 years ago

Apparently I have to pay digidesign for technical support which seems kind of absurd.
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you have an Avid account (which you should if its a legit copy) you can download the Pro Tools installer from your account online.

Do this.

It doesn't matter that you lost your disc, the Air doesn't have a disc drive. I'm not so sure that it will be able to handle Pro Tools either, couldn't you just wipe your Pro and then reinstall PT as the only thing on there? It will most likely run better than the Air, unless the Pro is realllllly ancient.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Mlagz
I have Pro Tools 8 LE using an mbox 2 pro. Lost the disc since I got pro tools like 5 years ago

Apparently I have to pay digidesign for technical support which seems kind of absurd.

Shit cracka, get that upgraded. Even Pro Tools 9 is a huge step up in quality from 8.

I've never had to pay Avid/Digideisgn for tech support, I just hit up their message boards and someone there can usually help.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp