evening,

so i've managed to shift some gear and slowly scraping together £700ish to potentially get a 65' DRRi...

question: is there anything else i should check out for that price? i guess you guys can tell why i'd be considering a DRRi? big cleans, reverb, vibrato... not blisteringly loud either

willing to go used for the right amp...

suggestions?

(London, UK)
i don't know how the market is in the UK but sometimes you can grab older silverface fenders for around that price. Not that those reissues are bad, I think the DR is the better of the few they have come out with, but try looking around for other ones. Silverface twin reverbs are always right around that price range
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
i know there's the age old argument about a twin being too loud? with it being 100w,

but on a serious note, how usable is a twin at low volumes, low as in you won't annoy the neighbours by striking an E chord..
well the silverface models have the master volume. the thing with the twin is its not gonna breakup at all, but you said you wanted big cleans so it works out. i love my twin, i don't think its overkill at all it works perfectly for i need it for, but there are so many great choices if youre going with a fender amp. it might seem like a downgrade from the DR and twin and whatever else but check out the hot rods too
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

well i've just sold my old blues junior which i'd painstakingly upgraded the valves, speaker and sorted some baffle issues on the cabinet,

it was a good amp... good isn't quite amazing though?

£700 is alot of money for me at the moment so i really want to get something where i feel 'yep i'm not going to need to replace that with something better' ?
i get that, i used the blues reissue before getting my twin. you're on the right track with the DRRI, if you are able to play it do so, you'll probably end up liking it, but if it leaves something to desire then you might wanna look into another one.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

i've played a couple of brand new ones in the local shop to me, it does sound brilliant,

i guess i didn't want to dive straight into getting one and then realising there might be another amp out there what maybe has more flexibility or cheaper etc?

apart from the twin, any other silverface era amps worth considering in that price bracket?
i think the vibrolux reverb has all the features you want IIRC, harder to come by though. And to be honest I'm not quite sure how much it would run, I think they might pull in more than your budget.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Last edited by gerraguitar at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by gerraguitar
i think the vibrolux reverb has all the features you want IIRC, harder to come by though. And to be honest I'm not quite sure how much it would run, I think they might pull in more than your budget.

thinking about it, could probably get one of the newer 22w supersonics in the budget, any thoughts?
DRRi would be just fine, but if you need the extra headroom as you crank it, then a Twin would be a good choice as well. They are loud, yes, but with pedals they can be tamed pretty easily.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Love my DRRI. I've played several duds too, though... they seem to vary amp to amp tone wise (at least to me). Try to play a bunch of them if possible.

If you're playing with a drummer, you're not going to get pristine cleans. That's half the reason I love mine though - great breakup. Takes pedals well, too.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey