Just got my tax return and I already have the normal shapes of guitar covered, figured I'd get an unusual one, and jazzmasters and company aren't really up my alley.

Max price is $800, though I hope it would be possible to buy something cheaper. I am determined to go used and I live right in the middle of Portland/Salem/Beaverton in Oregon.
the ltd ex-400 are pretty awesome. hetfield even owns a couple himself. they go for under $400 used. you could def find a used gibby for that price. a new ltd ex-400 would be maybe 600 id think.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
the ltd ex-400 are pretty awesome. hetfield even owns a couple himself. they go for under $400 used. you could def find a used gibby for that price. a new ltd ex-400 would be maybe 600 id think.

+1 on the ltd ex-400. I had one and I kick myself everyday that I let it go
i almost bought an LTD explorer way back in the day (late 90's). at the time they were a good knockoff in the 400 to 500 dollar range. i ended up finding a used gibson explorer for 850 though so i never ended up buying the LTD.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
last week a used gibson explorer sold for $500 on my craigslist. i was suspicious and didn't jump on it but someone I know bought it, and it's legit. no fake.

it happens. they go for $800 all day long.
I work for a certain band and he uses Dean Explorer type guitars. Not to bad.
Checking the used markets will be your best bet, great deals will pop up pretty often. Even if you end up with an Epi Explorer, they're solid guitars, I've had one for about 6 years now and it's an absolute beast.
I drove 6hrs just a few days ago to pick up a Gibson Explorer through Craigslist. 2008 model in black, got it for $700 and she's mint. They pop up all the time for about $800 man, just keep looking.

For what it's worth, the Gibson Flying V has the exact same neck and pickups as an Explorer. The Faded models are identical to the Standards too, same body, neck, pickups, etc. Just a different finish.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I love my Ibanez Destroyer. I'm not sure if they still make it though.
Quote by Flux'D
I drove 6hrs just a few days ago to pick up a Gibson Explorer through Craigslist. 2008 model in black, got it for $700 and she's mint. They pop up all the time for about $800 man, just keep looking.

For what it's worth, the Gibson Flying V has the exact same neck and pickups as an Explorer. The Faded models are identical to the Standards too, same body, neck, pickups, etc. Just a different finish.

i think would think that the gas price offsets the savings quite a bit on that one. depending what you drive.

i am not being rude, just saying it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Not really, cost me about $45 to pick it up. It's my longest drive on Craigslist for sure but it was dead 100% mint
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
Not really, cost me about $45 to pick it up. It's my longest drive on Craigslist for sure but it was dead 100% mint

Can I have your magic car please?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Ace Vee
I love my Ibanez Destroyer. I'm not sure if they still make it though.
+1

I love mine as well. $300? I double dare you to find a better value.

Quote by Offworld92
Can I have your magic car please?

Grow beard, wear plaid, ride bicycle.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Grow beard, wear plaid, ride bicycle.

Nothing special, I was driving a Monte Carlo doing 55mph and behind a semi most of the time. Learn to fuel economy
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Learn to accelerate faster.

>;(
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."