First up is the amplifier. Back in December i went on a testing spree for an amp that could meet my needs for different genres. Something versatile and that i would be certain to love for years to come. I tried pretty much every amp suggested by the members of this forums as well as my friends and ultimately opted for the Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII.

I bought the head and a corresponding 2x12 cab from the guys at Humbucker (great bunch). I ended up with the Orange for a number of reasons: i love the British tones more than the American ones more often than not. Another reason i got the Orange is that it doesnt have fifty thousand knobs and switches, its a straightforward and amp dialing in your tone is relatively simple.

The clean channel is absolutely incredible imo. To me they sounds like a deeper and darker version of a Fender twin. To me thats a plus because i have a bias towards darker and deeper tones. The reverb is certainly not Fender spring reverb competition but its quite good compared to the rest of the amps i tested.

The Dirty channel has incredible range and this is really where the amp trully shines for me. Dialed down you get a nice classic crunch and if you lower the volume on the guitar you get a great dirty blues sound. Turn up the gain and you have tones that range from classic rock to metal. The amp doesnt seem to be able to do some of the crazy high gain present in modern Death metal bands but i dont play that style of music so its of little concern for me. Either way i am sure a boost would surely fix that.

Ive had this amp for 3 months now and i waited to make the post in order to pass the honeymoon period and make a more objective review.

Without further delay:

Today i also received my long-awaited Carvin orders.

Here is the CS6:

And here is the DC4 (i added the Bigsby upon arrival):

And here is a shot of the whole rig:

wow excellent scores there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice haul! Quite jealous over here!

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by I K0nijn I
HNGD!

Very nice gear. Lefty guitars always look so weird to me. xD

You know i have a friend who comes over every time i buy a new a guitar and he always tells me the same thing: "Its a beautiful guitar but its a shame the factory made it wrong." Your comment kinda reminded me of that cuz he was here when i was taking the pics lol
Beautiful. HNSD! Oranges are awesome, though I have never tried a Carvin... but they look very nice, and I'm sure they sound divine.

Edit and off topic: I noticed that you have a Way Huge fuzz pedal. I'm in the market for a fuzz, so I must ask, how is it?
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Last edited by Maineguitarist at Mar 8, 2013,
Quote by Maineguitarist
Beautiful. HNSD! Oranges are awesome, though I have never tried a Carvin... but they look very nice, and I'm sure they sound divine.

Edit and off topic: I noticed that you have a Way Huge fuzz pedal. I'm in the market for a fuzz, so I must ask, how is it?

I think the Swollen Pickle its a great fuzz for the money. Very versatile though i think it leans very heavily towards boosting the bottom end of the frequencies. The great think about it is that if you still happen to not find the right tone with all the knobs it has there two other pots inside you can adjust. Certainly worth testing if you're in the market.
Beautiful! Happy new shitload of gear day! Have fun!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thats pretty sweet. I like the look of the Carvin. I'm sure it looks even better with proper lighting.

Pretty damn good haul!

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.

nice dude. you got some serious bang for buck pieces there.

i love my PPC212's, i can't manage to keep the stock speakers in them though.

excellent haul.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by R45VT
Thats pretty sweet. I like the look of the Carvin. I'm sure it looks even better with proper lighting.

Pretty damn good haul!

Yeah the finish on the CS6 is quite impressive and it really shines which proper lighting. I took a pic of it up close with flash when it arrived and i really liked the result. Check it out:

This entire rig is beautiful! I'm not a fan of "copy" guitars but those carvins are very pretty, especially the one with the bigsby. I'm jealous of the organization of all your stuff too haha.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Remnest
I think the Swollen Pickle its a great fuzz for the money. Very versatile though i think it leans very heavily towards boosting the bottom end of the frequencies. The great think about it is that if you still happen to not find the right tone with all the knobs it has there two other pots inside you can adjust. Certainly worth testing if you're in the market.

Ah, Thanks man. I'll try it out tomorrow while I'm at GC (if they got a new shipment in that is ). And like I sayed before those guitars are beautiful. Post some clips of those plugged into the Orange ASAFP, 'kay?
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by solidrane
Sleep with one eye open, that rig just might disappear one night <3

HNGD

No kidding, my rig is worth more than my car lmao
Yeah that thing shines in the right light! Thanks for the pics of the pronz..
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
Yeah that thing shines in the right light! Thanks for the pics of the pronz..

Looks beautiful and feels incredible, not to mention it sounds great too. I know how the black DC would look like, i was more concerned on how the CS6 finish would turn out. Im happy to say it was exactly what i was thinking of.
Thank God you flipped the images. I threw up in my mouth a little.

J/k. That's an awesome NAD/NGD!
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Where are those sound clips, Boy!
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Remnest
First up is the amplifier. Back in December i went on a testing spree for an amp that could meet my needs for different genres. Something versatile and that i would be certain to love for years to come. I tried pretty much every amp suggested by the members of this forums as well as my friends and ultimately opted for the Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII.

I bought the head and a corresponding 2x12 cab from the guys at Humbucker (great bunch). I ended up with the Orange for a number of reasons: i love the British tones more than the American ones more often than not. Another reason i got the Orange is that it doesnt have fifty thousand knobs and switches, its a straightforward and amp dialing in your tone is relatively simple.

The clean channel is absolutely incredible imo. To me they sounds like a deeper and darker version of a Fender twin. To me thats a plus because i have a bias towards darker and deeper tones. The reverb is certainly not Fender spring reverb competition but its quite good compared to the rest of the amps i tested.

The Dirty channel has incredible range and this is really where the amp trully shines for me. Dialed down you get a nice classic crunch and if you lower the volume on the guitar you get a great dirty blues sound. Turn up the gain and you have tones that range from classic rock to metal. The amp doesnt seem to be able to do some of the crazy high gain present in modern Death metal bands but i dont play that style of music so its of little concern for me. Either way i am sure a boost would surely fix that.

Ive had this amp for 3 months now and i waited to make the post in order to pass the honeymoon period and make a more objective review.

Without further delay:

Today i also received my long-awaited Carvin orders.

Here is the CS6:

And here is the DC4 (i added the Bigsby upon arrival):

And here is a shot of the whole rig:

I just saw your post on the Carvin forums the other day! Congratulations man! I might pick up an Orange myself in the future because I really dig the Orange amplifiers to! They have great range like you said and that's one reason I really like them.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by Maineguitarist
Where are those sound clips, Boy!

Just got back from a 7 day cruise so i havent had time to record anything lol. Ill start work on that soon
Awesome rig. Simple, yet versatile.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

All your guitars are upside down.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
All your guitars are upside down.

HNGD

LMAO no sir, its the other 90% of guitar users who have upside down guitars
DAT BLUE!!!!!

nice scores u have there sir!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
beautiful simplistic rig. you got a killer of an amp, some nice pedals and guitars. and it is all so neatly straightened in the corner.

my studio is a disaster. its so bad right now that i have an amp and a few guitars in another bedroom just do avoid the clutter... so i really do appreciate neatness.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
beautiful simplistic rig. you got a killer of an amp, some nice pedals and guitars. and it is all so neatly straightened in the corner.

my studio is a disaster. its so bad right now that i have an amp and a few guitars in another bedroom just do avoid the clutter... so i really do appreciate neatness.

Lack of room requires me to keep it neat or ill have many accidents in my room lol. I also like to keep the rig as simple as possible since moving things around and connecting stuff for jamming sessions gets tedious. I am actually considering dropping a few hardly used pedals from the main pedal board but we'll see.