Just got a American vintage 62 jag! Whacked the tremelo in and now I can't get it out I don't want to pull it any harder as its creakin'! Any one have experience? Would love some reassurance cheers
What does this mean "Whacked the tremelo in"?

Pics?
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
You may have to take the trem plate off and take a look to see where it sets in. I doubt you did anything to harm it, but if the mechanism that holds it in place is too tight, that may have something to do with it. Never done this to my Jazzmaster, but I've heard it can happen.

Oh, and happy Jag day! I just got my CP yesterday and set it up. I adore it, just gotta get in a few more plays before a proper NGD post.
OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at Mar 8, 2013,
Whacked it in is I just put the arm in, it's exactly how it should be but it won't come out, it's funny because the arm is loose when it comes to rotation.
Oh, you just locked it in? You'll just have to finesse it out; I thought maybe you bumped it up against something.
OffsetOffset
When you said "vintage", I assumed you meant one made in '62. But I realize theres also "American Vingtage (AV)" re-issues. The AVs are notorious for trem arm issues, but usually the problem is more along the lines of the arm not staying in. The AVs have a very fragile collet holding the arm in, and it's common for them to lose teeth from people messing with them. A lot of Jazzmaster owners just leave the bars in, even when casing them. I don't know if that will work on the Jaguar, too, or not.

Good luck.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Quote by shiggityswah