Hi people,

First of all,ive done some research and i came to the conclusion that the pac 112v will be nice for starting.
(btw 120h is 112v with 2 humbucker pickups instead of hhs)

But heres the question,since i love muse and i wanna get close to Matt Bellamys sound.Which one wud be better?pac 112 with hss config or 120 with double humbuckers?

Any other suggestions on those prices are also welcomed.

Thanks!
Matt uses a wide range of sounds, a lot of his guitars have a bridge humbucker with a neck P90 single coil, some have double humbuckers. Honestly I don't think it matters as there is a lot more to getting close to his sound than whether you get a HSS or H/H. Given that Matt is very versatile with his sounds I'd say the H/S/S option (the 112v) is the better choice, though it is very close.

In other words just pick whichever. You could go for a Squier Fat Strat or even to be closer to Matt a Squier Fat Tele (since he typically uses Telecaster shaped guitars). The Fat Telecaster however is giving you the neck humbucker and a bridge single coil.

Take your pick really, just get something you like, the Pacifica is a fine choice.
If you think you need single coil sounds somewhere, I would buy HSS. It still has humbucker tones. I'm pretty sure you will play more songs than just Muse songs.

I like single coil sounds in the neck position and humbucker sounds in bridge position because I usually use bridge position for a bit heavier music and neck position for lower gain sounds. I wish my guitar had single coils. But that's just me.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
You mean that pick up gives the versatility that an HSS config gives?Because that four coils in one humbucker is a bit weird to me :p
Quote by Lounic
You mean that pick up gives the versatility that an HSS config gives?Because that four coils in one humbucker is a bit weird to me :p

no i mean that this is the Humbucker that Matt Bellamy uses and if you have a guitar that is SSS your not going to get anywhere near the sound but using the HSS gives you versatility not to just install this humbucker if you wanted but already has a humbucker to get close to his sound.
I have a Pacifica 112 in HSS and its very good
what part of ride hard dont you understand.
Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
Quote by hobbit1066
no i mean that this is the Humbucker that Matt Bellamy uses and if you have a guitar that is SSS your not going to get anywhere near the sound but using the HSS gives you versatility not to just install this humbucker if you wanted but already has a humbucker to get close to his sound.
I have a Pacifica 112 in HSS and its very good

TS wasn't even thinking about SSS. His options were HSS and HH.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
TS wasn't even thinking about SSS. His options were HSS and HH.

must have miss read that my bad , still would go HSS unless i was coil tapping one of the humbuckers as done on my Les Paul as some times its nice to get that extra tone
what part of ride hard dont you understand.
Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ